VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Retro Question

Rate this question

beenwaiting8years

Question

Ok I had been waiting on appeal For over eight years and recently received the initial rating decision. In it it said I was rated at 100% for the first three years and reduced to 70% for the remaining five years. I have been getting ssdi for this condition since 2003, which encompasses all that time of the 70% rating, well I immediately applied for tdiu after receiving that fraying decision. I've read that tdiu can be paid prior to the date of application in certain circumstances. Since the VA rated me at 70% retroactive five years and ssdi was being awarded for that period of time for the same condition, will an earlier date for tdiu be an option? Thanks for any insight.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hello Been,

Thought, was your military disability the main reason you were awarded SSDI? Read the decision and see what disability or sc conditions or physician statement the VA used to validate your IU. Being rated 70% or 100% does seem to qualify you for IU, but the bottom line comes down to meeting IU.

imcgho,*cowgirl humble opinion :angry:

Cg'up2009!

Ok I had been waiting on appeal For over eight years and recently received the initial rating decision. In it it said I was rated at 100% for the first three years and reduced to 70% for the remaining five years. I have been getting ssdi for this condition since 2003, which encompasses all that time of the 70% rating, well I immediately applied for tdiu after receiving that fraying decision. I've read that tdiu can be paid prior to the date of application in certain circumstances. Since the VA rated me at 70% retroactive five years and ssdi was being awarded for that period of time for the same condition, will an earlier date for tdiu be an option? Thanks for any insight.