VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu At Finance

Rate this question

jerrbilly

Question

I was informed yesterday that my appeal for TDIU is at finance.

I don't want to get too excited yet because i'm afraid it might get deferred back again but I guess I shouldn't fret too much since it's at finance.

The DAV fellow said that it will have to get two more sigs since the retro is more than 20k. Is this normal procedure?

Also, about how long does it take after claims go to finance? one week? two weeks? more?

Thanks to everyone here. Looks like the waiting is almost over.

Jerr

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

You are almost home.I remember when I got the same message(back pay being calculated).I was very apprehensive that something would go wrong.After all-we are dealing with the VA.In my case I was suprised how long it took-really about 8 weeks as I recall.Hope yours comes faster.Congrats-almost.

• HadIt.com Elder

My experience is that on Fridays the FInance Department issues the deposits to clear the system and the majority of the Retro checks hit on Saturday.

It has happened to me and several people I have helped over the years.

You have to imagine the surprise when the wife calls you the day after you return from a small vacation and informs you of a large deposit in the bank. I was eating breakfast and almost choked. It was the happiest choking I had ever had,

I hope you aint eating when it hits.

J

I talked to my DAV guy again today and he said they have to go back and "manually" figure out the backpay from the difference of what I was getting and what I should have been getting. He said every year, since pay is different, they have to do figure the difference and then add them all up.

I would have thought this would all be computerized by now and all they do is punch some numbers in the system and the system do the figuring.

Jerr

My experience is that on Fridays the FInance Department issues the deposits to clear the system and the majority of the Retro checks hit on Saturday.

You have to imagine the surprise when the wife calls you the day after you return from a small vacation and informs you of a large deposit in the bank. I was eating breakfast and almost choked. It was the happiest choking I had ever had,

J

Edited by jerrbilly

ah, thanks...that's good to know.

Jerr

J