VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Thanks Berta And Everyone Here

Rate this question

Jim MAC

Question

Thanks to Hadit I am now rated at 70%. Up from 60 percent of course thats in VA math.

New rateing Acid Reflux from 10 percent to 30 percent

Laryngitis from 0 percent to 10 percent

With my prior rateing of 50 percent for sleep apena 10 perecnt for tinuitis 10 percent Acid reflux and o percent for Laryngitis, o percent for skin cancer. If i figured the VA math out right I am now at 70 percent. I received those 2 increase thru the DRO process in under 6 months.

Thats the good news bad news is received my origanal claim for asbestos expousre ( scaring of my lungs.)

Turned down FIGHTS ON WITH A DRO APPEAL FIRST.

DRO also turned down my claim for sinusitis and exostosis distal right clavicle (right shoulder pain.)

To the BVA I go. Only bad things is no back pay due to me being a military retired.

I keep you all informned anybody got any good Ideas?

Jim

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Jim-- your skin cancer- is that in remission?

I am wondering =is the "0"% NSC or SC? Of course I hope it doesnt get worse though-

is this from the constant sun aboard deck of navy ships? Or service in tropics? I am just assuming but I sure dont suppose you guys ever got sun screen issued by the mil many years ago.

and the exostosis distal right clavicle -do you have anything in your SMRs to support that?

This vet was exposed to ionized radiation as well as tropical sun in the service-

he was not awarded service connection for radiation causing his skin cancer, but for tropical sun exposure instead. He had two ways to go-but the rems he was exposed to were too low for ionized radiation SC (that is HARD to get SC on ) and fortunately he claimed service in tropics as one other potential reason for his skin cancer.

He had good medical evidence and -dont know how they would rate this but he did get skin cancer service connected.

http://www.va.gov/vetapp02/files03/0211672.txt

Jim-- your skin cancer- is that in remission?

I am wondering =is the "0"% NSC or SC? Of course I hope it doesnt get worse though-

is this from the constant sun aboard deck of navy ships? Or service in tropics? I am just assuming but I sure dont suppose you guys ever got sun screen issued by the mil many years ago.

and the exostosis distal right clavicle -do you have anything in your SMRs to support that?

This vet was exposed to ionized radiation as well as tropical sun in the service-

he was not awarded service connection for radiation causing his skin cancer, but for tropical sun exposure instead. He had two ways to go-but the rems he was exposed to were too low for ionized radiation SC (that is HARD to get SC on ) and fortunately he claimed service in tropics as one other potential reason for his skin cancer.

He had good medical evidence and -dont know how they would rate this but he did get skin cancer service connected.

http://www.va.gov/vetapp02/files03/0211672.txt

Berta

Skin cancer was a slam bam in my service records a little present from my last trip to the sandbox in 01. In my SMR it shows treatment for right schoulder pain but no xrays were done. Was given the standard motrion. Can you explain in layman terms what exostosis distal right clavicle means all I know is my shoulder hurts like he##

Also skin cancer was on my nose not the bad kind the other stuff civilan doctor cut it out

Jim

Guest fla_viking

Dear Veteran

All you need now is a Dr statement that your disabity prevents you from working and that will get you your 100% by being granted Individual unemployablity. You wont have to go through the appeal process unless you want to after you got your 100%.

Terry Higgins

Dear Veteran

All you need now is a Dr statement that your disabity prevents you from working and that will get you your 100% by being granted Individual unemployablity. You wont have to go through the appeal process unless you want to after you got your 100%.

Terry Higgins

Hello All

Hey Terry not ready to quit working yet still enjoy it. Whats going to cause me to quit working one day is the right arm and neck pain which is real hard to live with some days. I will get that serviced connected if its the last thing I do. When the bury me it will be upside down so the VA can Kiss my AS*. In my pockets will be my latest appeal.

Have a great day you all

Jim