VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Link Need To Va Training Letters

Rate this question

LeroyJohnson

Question

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Leroy- the VA sends directives, memoradum and training letters directly to their VAROs- there really isnt a good link- I found the Diabetes Training letter years ago by accident-

The VBM published some of them- usually they are incorporated into M21-1 as soon as the VA gets them- what did you need info on?

Berta,thanks for answering me. chronic liver disease and bronchitis is what I am looking for. the veteran that I am trying to help has hx of hepatitis prior to service tons of symptoms of liver disease but no diagnosis in service only one mention of abnormal liver function . Bronchitis is also not diagnose within the SMR but the symptoms are identical to her civilian medical records where it is diagnosed. I was hoping to quote symptom for symptom to them thanks Leroy

Leroy- if this is the same vet you mentioned in prior post:

"She has gone to the same doctor since getting out of the army but unfortunately for her he has only kept her records back 10 years. She has told me that he has been treating her for liver and some related problems since she was discharged"

I think this doctor could write an effective opinion-even without all of the records, and to state that he started treating her right after service-

Hepatitis and bronchitis symptoms-I think the VA web site in the BVA link would provide much help here- as they would show why they granted or denied claims for these conditions-if the bronchitis symptoms are in her SMRs that is possible to claim it as service connected- but I dont know why they would not have diagnosed it- did they treat it in service?

yes it is the same veteran and I really don't know why bronchitis was not diagnosed in service.

I had her ask her doctor if he would do a write up and he refused said let a VA doctor do it since she no longer has insurance and he wanted to take some blood work and some other tests to bring her medical record up to current she said he was really cold about it. This doctor is a major in the reserves and just came back from the "war" in February and his attitude toward everyone especially veterans seeking disability is not to be believed I told her maybe it is time for a new doctor.Thank you Berta for your help. Leroy

Berta, I received more of her SMR today and I also found that they diagnosed her with heart arrhythmia and a soft grade I left sternal border systolic ejection murmur ......patient does not appear to have significant cardiovascular disease. OK . ? should I file for heart disease her SMR show that she complains of chest pain and dsypnea repeatedly for about 5 years records reveal chest pain while at rest and upon exertion. Oh I should add family hx of diabetes. She had to take her induction exam 3 times before she could pass because her blood sugar was to high.She is not diagnosed as being diabetic but must watch her sugar levels everyday.(both parents were diabetic).

Leroy

This is odd:

"She had to take her induction exam 3 times before she could pass because her blood sugar was to high.She is not diagnosed as being diabetic but must watch her sugar levels everyday"-

Do her SMRs reveal any further high glucose readings?Prior to 1997 the classification of diabetes was different than it is today-and untreated diabetes can certainly lead to heart problems.

"should I file for heart disease her SMR show that she complains of chest pain and dsypnea repeatedly for about 5 years records reveal chest pain while at rest and upon exertion."

This might support claim of heart disease but does she have heart disease now?

A lot will be revealed when she gets copies of her current medical records.

Yes I agree she might need a different doctor.I think she needs a complete medical evauluation from someone else.