VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Proccess Of Filling Out 526

Rate this question

skc8738

Question

I have started filling out my 526 have gotten all the copies of my medical records..etc. How do I go about getting help finishing it and checking it for errors then turning it in? Thank you, Kevin.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

It's a good idea to get help from one of the service organizations, such as the Disabled American Veterans (DAV), Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW), or the American Legion (AL) ... They are all good at helping a veteran in filling out all those forms, and getting them where they need to go, and helping the vet understand the process. This is especially important if this is your first time through the claims process.

Good luck!

--Jim

Life is good! B)

• HadIt.com Elder

I would go on line and use the on line application to file. That way you know they have it as you get a response saying thay they have it.

Print hte signaturepage and send it certified mail along with your evidence.

J

I would go to the DAV and get them to file everything and turn in all your evidence there too.

You get documented receipt right then and there to preserve your eed.

Jerr

I have started filling out my 526 have gotten all the copies of my medical records..etc. How do I go about getting help finishing it and checking it for errors then turning it in? Thank you, Kevin.

Okay, i have an appointment with the local VA this morning. I am going to go check them out and see what help they can be to me. If not then I am definitely going to follow up with the gentleman who emailed me offering his help. Thank you all.