VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

First C&p Exam

Rate this question

jerlor

Question

I have a temp 100% rating for larynx Cancer. I had a left vocal cord stripping,and a tumor removed from my Larynx. I completed 33 sessions of radiation and currently am going to speech therapy twice a month at the VA hospital. I have a C&P exam Jan. 15. I can speak, although it is breathy and a little above a whisper. I flied for SS disability and got it approved in October. Recent exams show no signs of cancer .

I was a Manufacturing Manager for 37 years and communication was key to my success.I was terminated right after my first surgery.I had only been employed with that company for 8 months. My voice is not good enough to work in the profession I was employed in for all those years.

I would welcome any advice on how to help my case at the C&P exam. Needless to say I would like to remain at 100%.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit. Please explain a little more on why VA gave you your current rating and were you exposed to Agent Orange or chemicals in service

I am a Vietnam veteran (Proudly served in the Americal Division 1968-1969) I applied for benefits after I was was diagnosed with throat cancer and found out that type of cancer was on the Agent Orange list. I had a physical at the Dayton Ohio VA and was advised by the VA Dr. to apply for benefits.I was given a temp rating of 100%, I also applied for SS disability and was granted that in October.

I am trying to find out what a C$P exam is like and what I would need to do to help retain my rating of 100%.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jerlor

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

Suggestions

Go to the C&P Exam http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/Benefits/exams/index.htm

Send the VARO an application for TDIU, ASAP.

Claim any and all related, secondary disabilities, i.e. respiratory, digestive, scars, depression or anxiety, housebound, etc.

I had the C&P exam today, Not sure how it went. He wanted just the facts, like Dragnet he said.I tried to tell him I was awarded Social SAecurity disability but he was only interested in what he had to type in the computer. He didn't want any other paperwork. He completed the exam in 26 minutes and was very proud of the time. I don't know if that was normal or not.

I did meet with my VARO and asked him to submit a claim for TDIU

Jerlor

If I were you I would apply for TDIU-

This is total disability for unemployability.Paid at the same 100% comp rate you get for the Temp comp.

As long as your SSA award is solely for this same SC disability-this is excellent evidence for the TDIU claim.

Here is the TDIU form. It would help if you get a vet rep who will support the claim.I am assuming the C & P is to see what residuals you have or if they should extend the 100 % temp but the TDIU would be better.

Check Yes to # 18 and then under Remarks (# 25) refer them to additional page and then put your name, address and C file on on it and tell them you get SSA for this same disability as it caused you to be unemployable.

Mention the SSA to the C & P doctor- that could help him or her give a fair C & P result write up.

ooops I used wrong reply- the form is attached to next post

Edited by Berta

Make sure you sign it and make copy of it and get proof of mailing it to the VARO

TDIU_21_8940.pdf