VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

"veteran Friendly" Doctor Directory

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

Hoppy pointed out that the outcome of Workman's comp. claims is often determined by which doctor the claimant goes to. It is "hit or miss"...doctors aren't categorized in the phone book as claimant friendly. So, lawyers often do just that. If you hire a lawyer to seek workmans compensation, the lawyer often suggests you see Doctor .................. because he has had experience with that doc and knows that doc will be "claimant friendly".

In a similar way, we need a "Veteran friendly" doctor list for Veterans, because, as Carlie, Berta, and others have pointed out, "Evidence wins claims". Knowing which doctor to see could easily be the difference between being awarded benefits, and homelessness.

IMHO being awarded benefits can often mean the difference between homelessness or not. Maybe WE can actually help prevent Veteran homelessness by posting 2 lists of doctors: 1)Veteran Friendlies and 2) Homeless creating Docs.

Further, I would like to see Veterans "switch" away from those Veteran unfriendly docs enough to either force that doc to become Veteran friendly, or to loose his job because no Veterans want to see him. What do you guys think?

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

For some reason many older posts are popping up here---

my reply is to Rodney Ring-the recent poster-

Do you see a private cardiologist- if so he.she might be willing to prepare an IMO/IME for you ?.

We have info on how IMO/IMEs must be done to properly advance the claim.

I will bump that info up in the IMO forum for you.

But is this for a claim that VA has denied already?

If so, did they deny for lack of  any service nexus?

Are you able to scan and attach here the denial if you got one- as to that par5t of the VA's rationale and also the evidence list. (Cover C file # name, prior to scanning it)

10 hours ago, Jerry B said:

I live in Michigan. Looking for a Dermatologist that could look at my skin conditions. I actually sprayed AO and had skin problems indicated in my military medical records .

We have a section just for IMEs and IMOs here - https://community.hadit.com/forum/74-imo-independent-medical-opinion/

Make a new thread there.

Good advice from Pete.  I had IMO's done by a neurologist and a DBQ my general practitioner.  Your main treating doctor can make a report but they still send you to a C&P in my experience.