VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva

Rate this question

ADA2D

Question

Hello to all. I am new to the board. Just to start off Thank you fo rsuch a wonderful board. "Veterans helping Veterans", what a concept.

I know, that I know, I don't know enough to speak the lingo for alot of this. So, here we go.

I, like others on here have had 3(three) surgery's to correct DDD/DJD. Anterior fusion (C-3 thru C-6), Posterior Laminectomy/partial Discectomy, also c-spine and then same "Lam/Disc" (L-3 thru L-6). All with in a year. Rough year for self and family. All was done while I was on Active duty. Still tried to "Board" me, before I retired.

I know that I have been lacking in trying to get an adequate C&P or a Doctor to write more than a note in my clinical files. Example: I kept complaing that the numbnes/tingling and down right pain was now on my "left" side; majority of motion and motorfunction was primarily right side (dominant). After much argument I went from Texas Vet to DAV and three different Doctors; military and civilian. Ortho spine to Neuro. Each had varying opinions of what to do or not to do. I know, must sound so familiar to all. Enough of the background for now.

I had request for a BVA through the DAV in Texas (Waco). I ought to tell you before I go further. I did get to retire(2005) and am now a "civil servant". I finaly recieved notification that I had a board hearing, video tele-conf. At the time I had to deny it due to the fact that I was reassigned to Oklahoma. After multiple atemps to contact the DAV in Waco, with no return calls or e-mails. I gave up and contacted the DAV in Lawton/Muskogee. Was told by them that I would have to contact Waco since they are the one's that started the appeal/claim "run-a-around". Now like most here on the board, I am thinking of a lawyer. I'm no different than most, I just want the to recognize my disability and their mistakes for not listening to me at the beginning when I started pointing out the numbness/tingling on the left side. Oh, because the "QUACKTIONER", raised her voice to me about my condition and I raised mine back, I am now in couseling?????? Long story...

Question: Will it hurt my case by signing this letter, "checking" the box, "I may decline this hearing and wait for a future visit by a member of the BVA's Appeals"

Question: Where can I find sombody that is fair and honest that will help me along such a forked path.

If, I have surgery that they want me to have to fix there mistake I will be unable to return to my current job. I have been told that SSD will take dollar for dollar from me for my disability if I am unable to return to work. Is this true, also?

Thank you, all for you service and your time.

"I've got your six"!

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

If, I have surgery that they want me to have to fix there mistake I will be unable to return to my current job. I have been told that SSD will take dollar for dollar from me for my disability if I am unable to return to work. Is this true, also?"

If you are eligible by work credits (which include military service)for SSA disability award-then you can receive the SSA disability payments along with any VA compensation.There could also be payments from SSA to the spouse and to any small children as well under SSDI regulations.

SSI however is different -this is also a Social security program for anyone without the needed work credits and who has limited income.

The SSA sites have more info on these programs.

If you are unable to work at some point do to any SC conditon you should apply for TDIU (the 100% comp rate)

What is your rating now for the DDD/DJD?

Do you have all of your medical records and do they contain evidence that puts you into a higher rating?

• HadIt.com Elder

I would not go back to the same people that hurt me the first time to correct their mistake. You have Tricare. I would get my own doctor/expert opinion. If three surgeries did not correct the problems then I would go slow about getting something else done. I would shop around for the best expert in my local. You might be able to get what you need here to do your own claim. Anytime a BVA Hearing is cancelled it can take years to get it back on track. I think I would try and go ahead with the BVA Hearing if you have a decent case. Evidence is what wins claims. If you have good evidence then you should win.