VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Doctor For Imo

Rate this question

stitcher03

Question

I have had a case against the VA for 6 Years. I have multiple sclerosis and many other problems associated with it. I am looking for a Doctor that will do and imo on me. I am hoping someone will know of a good one. I live in the Las Vegas, Nevada area. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Have to tried to find a MS expert in your locale by googling this type of doctor?

Dr. Craig C. Bash has a web site and he did IMOs for many here- he did 2 for me that were excellent but not in MS field.

However Dr. Bash has Multiple sclerosis himself and has done MS claims IMOs.

He is located in Bethesda and might want to personally examine you however.

Also sometimes in BVA cases the BVA will give the full name of a IMO doctor and then they can often be googled.It takes time as many doctors have the same name but not the same specialty as their possible web site would reveal.

It is best (they usually use initials but sometimes the whole name)

to look for the VARO locale as maybe the doctor could be found in phone look ups for the same area.

I used google to find a former VA doctor. It took me off an on for about 6 months to find him.

That was my fault-I could hardly read his name in his handwritten VA notes and had spelled it wrong.

I found him,. he emailed me a short statement and when I asked Dr. BAsh for IMO and sent him the statement he loved it-as it supported my claim.

Dr, BAsh called him to have the email statement formally put onto his new letterhead and the BVA gave all of these IMOs sgnificant weight.

Dr. Bash is expensive and I have no idea what type of fee he would charge you.

Did any of your MS symptoms appear while you were in service or within 7 years after your discharge?

Are you able to scan and post the reasons the VA gave for their denial?(cover any personal stuff in the decision)

Here is one MS claim award that Dr. Bash opined on:

http://www4.va.gov/vetapp04/files3/0428859.txt

Awarded for SC MS- containing Dr. Bash's medical opinion.

There are other MS claims there at BVA which he opined on.

Not all MS claims succeeded however- even with his opinion.

It all depends on the medical evidence (and with documented MS symptomatology-that information is critical) and the claims here show what evidence can support these types of claims.

Are you claiming MS as chronic presumptive claim or due to some other reason?

Did any of your MS symptoms appear while you were in service or within 7 years after your discharge?

Yes, I had eye problems and leg weakness in and after service. In service eye problems are documented in my service medical records.

Are you able to scan and post the reasons the VA gave for their denial?(cover any personal stuff in the decision)

I will scan the last denial letter, so you can see it.

Since the last denial letter, i have gotten three lay statments. One from my buddy, my wife and mother in-law, which i lived with for a year and a half after service.

I am not able to get my private medical records from 1980 to 1996, because they have been destroyed.

I contacted Dr. Bash his price is $ 6000.00 to do an IMO. I think thats a little steep, but if it helps i think i am going to do it. What do you think ?

Whew! That price is terrible! I would shop around for another IMO doctor - there are other IMO docs advertising on the net.

I guess because there are so many records that are missing maybe this is why the fee was so high-

How long after service did you get the formal diagnosis of MS?

When we read the actual decision maybe we can help more.

My IMO cost me 800 bucks. Dr. Bash has become a money hog and in my opinoin he's starting to take advantage of Veteran's dire situations.

My advice would be to explore around your local area or nearest city and see what's there. I can guarantee if you find one that will do it.

jerr

Whew! That price is terrible! I would shop around for another IMO doctor - there are other IMO docs advertising on the net.

I guess because there are so many records that are missing maybe this is why the fee was so high-

How long after service did you get the formal diagnosis of MS?

When we read the actual decision maybe we can help more.

I spent 4 thousand for two separate IMos from Dr. BAsh but paid 1750 to a cardio doc who was part of a forensic pool of medical experts. The firm actually refunded half of that to me when I called them to say I had gotten an award and didnt need the opinion-as the cardio doc had not prepared his IMO yet.

I cannot remember what the site was called- forensic expert sites might also provide an IMO that could help you -but best to get a doctor with full expertise in MS.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use