VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Claim Form Sent To Me Before Sc Claim Approved ?

Rate this question

sunnyboy

Question

<_< The TDIU form was mailed to me and I haven't been informed on my claim for SC disability yet, I'm currently on SSD, very confusing, emailed IRIS and they said that they had sent it to VBA VA Response Center Group 5, have had CP exams, they have all the paper work from all my Drs., personal witness form, SSD information on approval, VA records showing treatment, don't know what's going on, it's terrible not knowing as I'm sure most Vets. experience, if any suggestions or opinions please help.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Loss of foot or loss of use of foot (which severe foot drop can be considered as) would warrant a SMC K award if the medical evidence supports the foot drop causes loss of normal foot use.

I suggest you look over the Special Monthly COmpensation info here at hadit- it is often hard to tell what type of SMC a vet might be eleigible for and the types of SMC can get confusing.

You might even be eligible for the Housebound SMC award.

But It is hard to speculate on what awards under SMC a vet could or should be considered for.

Often best if they study 38 USC 1114 themselves on that.Or wait for VA to make a determination that could be a correct SMC award paid in addition to the SC comp for your disability.

The foot drop could warrant an SMC K award in addition to TDIU- when the decision comes if they dont consider SMC you might be able to have them CUE themselves as this appears if they award 100% or TDIU-they have to consider SMC too here.

Another example of the fact that no SC rating is needed for VA to consider TDIU.

They can consider it and deny but still it looks to me-since they sent form to you- they are definitely considering it (and the SMC K too I hope)

I think foot drop is K -will check and get back here-

I bet you take powerful pain meds- mention these meds too and any side affects that would render you unable to work on the TDIU form.

Is your SSA for the same exact disabilities due to the inservice event?

Check Yes to question # 18 and then you can refer them under Remarks # 25 to any info as to the SSA award, the meds, and any other information that they should consider to award you TDIU (or 100%)

Berta, the SSA disability is for the same claim made to the VA, I did check # 18 on form 21-8940, what is SMC K

Okay Sunnyboy, suck it in! And calm down............!

And, keep an eyeball on your bank account (you DID give them "direct deposit" instructions didn't you?).

It'll most likely show up on your bank BEFORE you get the letter, unless, like my awards, THEY don't quite understand how direct deposit works (a multi-thousand dollar check from one of my "awards" sat in the mailbox out by the road for 6 days while the wife and I had gone to watch the boy graduate from college....and they had my direct deposit information on my FIRST 21-526 claim form and had had it for over three years....go figger!).

DO EXACTLY what Berta told you to do. Get that TDIU form FILLED OUT AND MAILED! Every DAY that you hem-haw around is costing YOU money.

Trust me on this, okay?

Find something to do. Pet a cat. If you don't HAVE a cat, borrow one from your neighbors (the cat won't mind, don't know about the neighbors, though). Contemplate World Peace (or your bellybutton), but do something else BESIDES letting "this thing" eat you up, 'cause it can, you know.

Thanks LARRYJ, your so right, they do have my direct deposit info, Thanks for the uplifting wit!