VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Med Records On Cd

Rate this question

webwings

Question

Greetings,

A friend of mine requested copies of VA clinic records and received them all on a CD. How cool is that?

He was able to print out the pages he needed for his claim.

I never got around to asking how he did it. Anyone here have success with VA clinic records sent to you on CD?

Thanks.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Which records were they?

VA treatment records?

VA C-File?

If I could get my treatment records on CD, that would be awesome

• HadIt.com Elder

Each VA Med Center has a little office usually hidden away. Dallas has it in the basement off from the regular place that you walk to miss traffic. If you go there and sign a form requesting it they will give you one. If it was me I would ask for all medical records up to the date you sign the form.

If you ask for directions the volunteers will tell you where it is.

It certainly makes sense that one could receive their records on cd. I would gladly accept them that way.

I sent in my proof in hard copy and in cd format. Two ways, because it was a way to prove that all the data I sent was sent in the package...because the single pdf file contained every document I submitted. Submitting in this format also falls into the CYA category as well.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

The Birmingham VAMC's Release of Information office is also in the basement, way in the corner after a walk down a long hall.

When I was there yesterday for my appointment, I asked if they have the ability to provide my records on CD or DVD. The woman's eyes got really big and she said it would be great if they had the ability to do that. I asked her to look into it.

Also, if you get an MRI from a private facility, they often give you an option to get your data on paper or CD. I always get it on CD.

A lot of times, the medical archiving programs are somewhat proprietary. I am very interested in seeing how the data is delivered.

I also was told by my RO that they do not accept medical records on CD either. Regardless, I am going to send in my data just like akwidow. They are going to get a CD and hardcopy, whether they like it or not. :D