VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Beat Me Down, Time To Limp Away And Move On

Rate this question

JHawks

Question

Thanks you to everyone for their support and ideas. The time has come to stop the addiction to the forums. My review claim was denied when I know it should have been approved. Good Grief, it should have been a no brainer. I have been prescribed a brace to support a malunion of my tib-fib on a SC ankle. I had all the medical records to support the claim. They say my ankle is stable enough not to need a brace even though it was prescribed by both a pediotrist and Ortho Dr. I don't have it in me to file an appeal and let this drag on for years and years. They beat me down and I need to limp away before I go nuts. Thanks everyone.

• Answers 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Pete is right. They always ask how are you doing today and they make a note of it in your file. If you say I feel fine that goes in your file also and they use it against you. When they ask me how I feel I say I have had better days. My last visit to the va was to pick up some diabetic shoes and I was walking on a cane and was asked what the cane was for. My answer was I stumble a lot and I use the cane for support. I'll be that didn't go in my records. I will never give up.