VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Out Of The Rating Board To The Final Board?

Rate this question

erico541

Question

i called the va yesterday and the fellow said my tdiu claim was out if the rating board and at the final board? any idea on how long this may take? lastly like so many other folks i am very nervous and anxious to get this over with one way or the other. i am rated at 90% with ratings totaling 170% by real math. the va psych said "it as least as likely as not that this veteran is incapable of obtaining or maintaining gainful employment due to the severity of his mental and emotional problems at this time" and "it is as least as likely as not that this veterans OCD and major depressive order are directly related to his military service and the manner in which they occured" i also tried voc rehab and received a letter saying i had too many problems for them to help me. i feel like i have a good probability on getting a good decision??? anyway thanks for any input erico my daughter just got to her first duty station in alaska and will be sent to afghanistan in may

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

You bet-I think this will be hopefully an award of TDIU-

Congrats on the daughter's service. I hope she will always be safe and sound.It amazes me when adult children of service disabled veterans -who often struggle with the VA claims process -along with their SC disabilities will still join the Military!

• HadIt.com Elder

Good Luck. The VA did not used to tell Veterans anything at this point in their claim. Maybe they are in process of turning a corner in how they treat Vets?