VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Has Any One Rec Bak Pay Lately

Rate this question

Mr cue

Question

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

man its been 30 day now and no letter or nothing my bother was granted benefits and he has rec his check what going here.

"and he has [not?] rec his check..."

I had mine within a week. (this was last Dec.) But then, by the time my claim got done it was getting special handling and that may have expedited things.

Edited by Jayg

Mine is now 268 days from award letter date -

Send the RO a copy of the VA Fast Letter here FL 10-02 and tell them you want your proper retro amount due to your award

and CC a copy of your letter to them to Secretary Shinseki and your COngressman/woman.And get a proof of mailing.

http://www.vawatchdog.org/10/nf10/nfjan10/nf011110-3.htm

ANy AOers being denied established AO retro- tell me in the AO forum and I have other ways you can go-

I agree 30 days is long, but Berta's about 9 months is, again, ridiculous. Is it any wonder that the Veteran is mad at the VA? How many other Vets/widows has the VA ticked off with delays like this. This is not uncommon. My son applied for his DEA (Gi Bill) benefits in April, 09, and I will be suprised if he gets his retro check in less than a year. The VA has excuse after excuse, week after week, broken promise after broken promise.

Calling the VA asking where your check is an exercise in futility, unless you are a VA executive and then your check already arrived, in full, and on time.

Edited by broncovet

Calling the VA asking where your check is an exercise in futility, unless you are a VA executive and then your check already arrived, in full, and on time.

Unless it is their bonus checks, they probably get those early...

Edited by Bonzai

Mine is now 268 days from award letter date -

Send the RO a copy of the VA Fast Letter here FL 10-02 and tell them you want your proper retro amount due to your award

and CC a copy of your letter to them to Secretary Shinseki and your COngressman/woman.And get a proof of mailing.

http://www.vawatchdog.org/10/nf10/nfjan10/nf011110-3.htm

ANy AOers being denied established AO retro- tell me in the AO forum and I have other ways you can go-

man its been 30 day now and no letter or nothing my bother was granted benfits and he has rec his check what going here.

BVA decided my case on June 19, 2009 just received award letter on Sat. January 23, 2010 with all my retro explained from 2002 and to expected the check to be deposted with 15 days.