VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Looking For Opinons

Rate this question

coleusmc84

Question

i'm a marine vet. 04 to 08 (machinegunner). Did 3 tours.2 iraq, 1 afghanistan. Got was in a n humvee roller and was ejected over 25 foot embankment. got a grade 3 concussion and lower spine injury. on my first employment in fallujah that happened. My 2nd deployment i my humvee was blown up. got another grade three conccuson. i got slammed in the side and it about torn my left pec off. my jaw got messed up too. Third deployment was a no injurys :D ! I saw a lot of stuff as did most so now i have a lot of ptsd symptons. a gaf of 40. My decisions for service connection on first clame was 50% ptsd, 20% T.b.i., 20 % lowerback. 20% hearing, 10% tinnitus, 20% left pec or shoulder and 10% tmd, some jaw clicking thing and like 3 other 0% stuff ..so with therr math tota is 80%. I put in increase for back, tbi and ptsd all have gotten worse. Versy suicidal and flashbacks alot. memor y problems too. The thing is i work though. I think i could work if i were a vegstable. always push through you know. But its getting tougher. well my question is if they dont grant me an increase enough to get 100% what would you do if you were in my shoes. my brain doesn't work well like it used to so i need advice. I would want like to have 100% so wife and daughter health insurance is in then. I just want some advice thanks. Semper Fi

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

i'm a marine vet. 04 to 08 (machinegunner). Did 3 tours.2 iraq, 1 afghanistan. Got was in a n humvee roller and was ejected over 25 foot embankment. got a grade 3 concussion and lower spine injury. on my first employment in fallujah that happened. My 2nd deployment i my humvee was blown up. got another grade three conccuson. i got slammed in the side and it about torn my left pec off. my jaw got messed up too. Third deployment was a no injurys B) ! I saw a lot of stuff as did most so now i have a lot of ptsd symptons. a gaf of 40. My decisions for service connection on first clame was 50% ptsd, 20% T.b.i., 20 % lowerback. 20% hearing, 10% tinnitus, 20% left pec or shoulder and 10% tmd, some jaw clicking thing and like 3 other 0% stuff ..so with therr math tota is 80%. I put in increase for back, tbi and ptsd all have gotten worse. Versy suicidal and flashbacks alot. memor y problems too. The thing is i work though. I think i could work if i were a vegstable. always push through you know. But its getting tougher. well my question is if they dont grant me an increase enough to get 100% what would you do if you were in my shoes. my brain doesn't work well like it used to so i need advice. I would want like to have 100% so wife and daughter health insurance is in then. I just want some advice thanks. Semper Fi

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Cole took me 40 years and much crap in my life to figure I had a "Problem" it was me, not the other people....

I was a 03 in Golf 2/3 in 1967. Most of us did not do 2 tours let alone 3 even if they were shorter, which I do not know.

One tour in the yesteryears were 13 months in the Corps, I knew some guys that did 2 & 3 tours, they usually ended up bad..

That in it's self wants me to walk in a circle around you guys.... Many of my buddies are really screwed up, even though they worked for 40 years... like me before we figured out the problem was us... glad you get a head start Get VA help, believe it or not if you want help it is there for you, when I exited the Corps in 1979 the waved go bye and handed you your DD-214, and shut the door in your face..... we knew not of VA, there was nothing...

USE the VA to help, you may have to work at it, but try anyway... it is your right. Pushing through for 40 years just made me tons of people that hate me. I could go on, but you get the picture....... your strong, but the problems we both have will eat you alive, get help...

s/f

van

"I would want like to have 100% so wife and daughter health insurance is in then. I just want some advice thanks. Semper Fi"

CHAMPVA =the civilian health insurance program I believe you mean here -requires that a veteran be declared 100% Permanently and Totally disabled by their service for eligibility for their dependents to CHAMPVA.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are working it is very hard to get 100% for PTSD. Do as John says and try to get 100% for physical things. Then you can work and still get 100%. You got 80% now so the day you can't work put in for IU.