VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C+p Exam

Rate this question

Mcafee

Question

Hello All Hope All Is Well.

My Question is during all of my C+P Exams I have never seen or reviewed my C-File for this exam and yet the examiner always states that it was present.

Anyone else expierence this process?

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Had A C&P exam for PN last Nov. Didn't see my C file and didn't ask. Got a copy of the exam report and was suprised to see the following. C-FILE REVIEW : Not requested by VARO.

The examiner did review my medical records. She also reviewed 21 pages of medical records from my pvt neurologist (I took a copy just in case ). She scanned his records into my VA records and said they should have been there since I had given them to my PCP and submitted them with my claim.

She also used his findings in her report. thank God for a Vet friendly Doc.

Allan - Thanks for doing the legal research and posting it for us.

John - Thanks for letting us know that your C&P examiner not only reviewed your records but also scanned them into your VA records. I agree, a vet friendly doctor is a blessing.

Thanks,

TS

• HadIt.com Elder

My last C&P exam fell on "Black Friday" ( the day after Thanksgiving ) The fng doctor with less than two years of experience, treated me like I was an annoyance and the scowl on her young face showed her disapproval of having to work on a long Holiday weekend. Though I did not see my file during the 20 min. exam, I did notice her slouch out of her office with a massive volume of one of my files with her, as well as a look of disgust on her face.

I know VARO physically sent my file to the VAMC where the C&P exams were done. But my file is some 5" or 6" thick and I sure as heck didn't see anything like that present in the room in either of my last two exams. It is possible they reviewed it prior to the exams. My medical records were available on the computer. They stated repeatedly that the records were reviewed

But...

The exam reports were so horribly falsified there's no telling if they bothered to read it or not. I was able to rebut many of their statements with nearly 30 pages from my file. (I did have a recent copy) I mean they stated I did not have any special shoe inserts when I wore them to the exams and the authority for their custom fitting was in my VA med records. They said I had no unusual shoe wear when the shoes I wore were so worn and there were photos of three such pairs of shoes in my C file. They said my gait was steady and even in the same report they described my gait as being antalgic. Even so, my med records have a statement that I had "Trendelenberg Lurch." The report said my X-ray report did not indicate hallas valgus when the report did in fact say there was...

The list goes on and on...

Did they bother to read my file? Perhaps. They sure denied a lot of things my file said I claimed were wrong. Moreso than can be accounted for by chance. They knew specifically what to address.

I Thank All of you for your input and expierences,however if there is no C-File present is this not a violation of protocal? toward an accurate exam?

Violation? No...

You can't go back and argue that you didn't see your file at your exam. Well, you can but it won't do you any good

To the best of my knowledge there isn't a protocol that states your file has to be at the exam at the time of exam.

I Thank All of you for your input and expierences,however if there is no C-File present is this not a violation of protocal? toward an accurate exam?
Edited by jerrbilly