VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Morphine Sulfate

Rate this topic

My new Primary Care Doctor switched my Hypertension medication and my pain medication on the first visit. She said she thought Morphine Sulfate 30MG CR twice a day would be better than the 2 5MG Oxycodone twice a day I was taking, although the prescription was 1-2 pills every 6 hours, I tried to use as little as possible. Has anyone taken this Morphine Sulfate and is the MG etc a small dosage or? I have severe back pain with degenerative disc disease and spinal stenosis lumbar and cervical.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I have taken morphine before. It is more addictive than the other drugs. There is long acting morphine. Is this the kind of morphine you take under your tongue. It made me depressed. I think they like to prescribe morphine because it is cheap.

I tried the morphine sulfate a little while back. I ended up at the ER, sick and dehydrated. Come to find out I'm allegic to the stuff. If you start having diarrhea and vomiting, get to the ER fast. I too have back problems, cervial & lumbar (have been on the hydrcodone for a while) I am currently trying to tapper off. So far so good, I've cut my meds in half in the last three days. I have been going to a massage therapist and it has made a world of difference. This has been the best week I have had in 2 years. I have gotten relief in my upper back, now if I can just get some relief in my lower. Give the massage a try, its alittle expensive but if it gives you relief its worth it.

• HadIt.com Elder

Jessee

Take the morphine with food. If you have severe pain the morphine probably is a good idea. Methodone is another long acting drug you could try. It is not as addictive as morphine. It will turn turds into concrete, however, as will morphine. The VA has a lot more options for pain management but they like to do it the cheap way so you have to complain in dramatic fashion to get help.

My new Primary Care Doctor switched my Hypertension medication and my pain medication on the first visit. She said she thought Morphine Sulfate 30MG CR twice a day would be better than the 2 5MG Oxycodone twice a day I was taking, although the prescription was 1-2 pills every 6 hours, I tried to use as little as possible. Has anyone taken this Morphine Sulfate and is the MG etc a small dosage or? I have severe back pain with degenerative disc disease and spinal stenosis lumbar and cervical.