VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exams Scheduled

Rate this question

USMC_HVEQ

Question

I put a claim in for an increase in PTSD from 50 --> 70%, increase for both shoulders due to arthritis and sleep apnea. I just got the letter from the VA, about what info they still need and that they are processing my claim. I have 3 C&P exams upccoming next week. They said I put in for an increase in HTN, which I definitly did not and they are giving me a C&P exam for that. All i mention about HTN was that I thought it may, key word-may, have an effect on sleep apnea. I have mental health C&P exam as well as ortho. I've requested my recent notes from mental health to review before I go into C&P, but have yet to receive them. I put request in for them in 2 wks ago. Now on the issue of sleep apnea, I strongly believe I have it. It is undiagnosed at this point, as I am awaiting the VA to call me for the appt which I requested from my primary care in december. Now in the VA letter, they told me to send them my sleep study results, but I have yet to have it. It's like wtf! I believe I have it. I have a 22" neck and have gained tons of weight about 150 lbs to go from 230-->380lbs in 5yrs from depression related to my PTSD. I wasn't faithfully taking my meds in the past, so I can't blame it on the meds. I snore and wake up frequently. I often feel sleepy during the day. I've been told by many people that I snore with my mouth open and am extremely loud. The noise aparently can be heard through walls and floors sometimes. I'm like, wonderful, like snoring alone wasn't bad enough. The lack of quality sleep makes me irritable. I've had so many other issues (PTSD/depression and both shoulders sublux) with sleep as well, that I feel sleep apnea has been over looked int he past.

I'm in the process of gathering all the notes for my increases, if any. It seems I may only get PTSD if any increased comp. I need to do some more physical therapy on the shoulders, so I think I will get denied on the increase and conitue to be 20/20 for recurrent dislocations with guarding. I'm writing a letter that I will submit for my claim, stating the effects each of my disabilities has had on my life as well as my ability to work. I'm currently not working.

I'm wondering what other stuff should I gather? i don't know if I should even have people write letters stating I snore. I need to ahve that sleep study before I even think about that. I'm assuming they are going to deny my claim for sleep apnea. I just will need advice.

I will update this as my journey continues....

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Had intial meeting with my new Pyschiatrist. We went over past history. She recommend some more meds for me. Some for sleep (prazasin) and higher doses of zoloft as well something for iritiablity, starts with a G. She did look in the system about my sleep study appoint and noticed that it got transferred out of the facility but the main hospital didnt take any action. Hopefully a case worker will get this resolved since i have a claim pending for sleep apnea and need the sleep study. I have a C&P on the 4th and 2 C&Ps on the 9th of Feb, so we shall see. I dont go back to this pysch lady for at least another month.

I'm still waiting on my records since my C&P exam is coming up. I still have the VCCA packet and have not returned it yet. SHould I submit my at my C&P the letter I wrote?

Hey bud, how's the Zoloft working? I was prescribed it in 2006 and it did nothing for me. I'm now on Lamictal and it's helping stablize my mood. So far, this is the only drug that's done anything for me.

Had intial meeting with my new Pyschiatrist. We went over past history. She recommend some more meds for me. Some for sleep (prazasin) and higher doses of zoloft as well something for iritiablity, starts with a G. She did look in the system about my sleep study appoint and noticed that it got transferred out of the facility but the main hospital didnt take any action. Hopefully a case worker will get this resolved since i have a claim pending for sleep apnea and need the sleep study. I have a C&P on the 4th and 2 C&Ps on the 9th of Feb, so we shall see. I dont go back to this pysch lady for at least another month.

I'm still waiting on my records since my C&P exam is coming up. I still have the VCCA packet and have not returned it yet. SHould I submit my at my C&P the letter I wrote?

the zoloft doesnt seem to really have an effect at 50mg. The pyschiatrist just upped it to 100mg and gave me some other crap, that will be coming int he mail that starts with a G for irritability and upped my prazacin to 2-5 mg for nightmares/sleep