VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Buying Firearms And Being Rated Incompetent.

Rate this question

cadillacjack305

Question

I was recently rated 100% PTSD and Incompetent and heard from someone if I am deemed incompetent that I can no longer buy firearms because my mental health records have been sent to the FBI.

I wanted to know if anyone on here knew if this is true?

And if it is true how do I get my rights to own a firearm back?

If this is true I'm going to be so very depressed.

Thanks Bro's and Sis's!!

• Answers 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

But what if you don't even know what's in your records? Maybe we should we do a release of all our medical records and then go through them with a fine tooth comb to see by chance if incompetency was ever wrote in.

I have some of my past medical records but definetely not all and heck maybe something was in my records at one time or another that indicated incompetency.

My point again: TOOOOO VAGUEEEEEEE

I know what you're talking about brother but if the man says check here if you fit in this category not doing so will get you all kind of hemmed up.

Before I break any laws I will have to try every way possible to do it legal.

If the incompetent thing is true I'm going to appeal my decision and try to get the incompetence off my record.

I hope someone can come threw and clarify this subject for us.

It is state by state but you have to understand Im in Virginia and they pretty much freaked out and went crazy with new laws and regs. after the asian guy went out and bought up some pistols after being declared unstable and shot up a campus, I bought my 7mm mag a year ago and thats how it was. And my friend was convicted of falsifying a document to obtain a firearm or something to that account. But hey personally, if I get my I.U. or 100% for mental health they can have mine, Most of my friends are very well armed so if the $h%t ever does hit the fan for whatever reason I will be okay. Other than that my girlfriend has a remington 870 that will stay in the house... I dont like the pink realtree on it but it doesnt hurt its effectiveness. Unless you want an ak, sks, bushmaster or a 50cal, then you will probably be okay with law enforcement. But as said earlier its probably best to check with the NRA but calling and saying Ive been deemed incompetent and I want a firearm probably wont garner the best response even from them. Too much politically correct B.S. nowadays makes it a touchy subject. The government isnt being friendly towards gunowners nowadays... http://www.examiner.com/a-743269~Kaine_wan...s_gun_laws.html