VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Buying Firearms And Being Rated Incompetent.

Rate this question

cadillacjack305

Question

I was recently rated 100% PTSD and Incompetent and heard from someone if I am deemed incompetent that I can no longer buy firearms because my mental health records have been sent to the FBI.

I wanted to know if anyone on here knew if this is true?

And if it is true how do I get my rights to own a firearm back?

If this is true I'm going to be so very depressed.

Thanks Bro's and Sis's!!

• Answers 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations on the win!

Also, I'm competent and own firearms. The VA MH lady recommended I store them locked and separate from the ammo. I asked her if the burglars would be considerate enough to first let me unlock and load them before they break in.

. Why you thinking about getting the CTS?

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Got the V last April, flew to DTW to Supreme Cadillac in Michigan, and got a real great price, drove home 2465 miles, drives as fast as you can go.

6 speed auto only goes to 171. In Wy. got the baby to 135, them crapped off...... no guts

thatwas going up high on a 6 lane hiway../ 80-W

Yes it is as good as the reviews...... and unless you get the cyrstal red tint coat or black and pimp it out the cops have not a clue....

bring you title we meet you walk home...

Edited by vperl

yeah vync I don't even know why them incompetent morons even throw their two cents in like someone is going to listen to your behind about my firearms. Like she has the first clue on how to operate a firearm or what to do in a robbery situation makes me want to smack the shit out of them.

@vperl how many hp does the V have? I was surprised how fast the Cadillac was till I got mine I guess it's the aluminum block. Does the V have the North Star 32 Valve Aluminum block?

Forgot to add this detail to my claim

I applied for an increase back in mid April, 2009 and had a C & P appointment I think in May, 2009 that I missed and they canceled my claim then I reapplied for the increase back in October, 2009 and got a approved for an increase from 50% PTSD to 100% PTSD on January 22nd. So the VA counted the my claim started back in April, 2009. So I assume my back pay check will be from April, 2009 since the VA is counting that as my claim start date. VA did me a solid on that one if they did.

@vperl how many hp does the V have? I was surprised how fast the Cadillac was till I got mine I guess it's the aluminum block. Does the V have the North Star 32 Valve Aluminum block?

88****************************************************

LSA 6.2 liter ( one of several different Corvette engines) 556 supercharged HP with 551 Touqe rear wheels 3.9 0-60 MPH 11.9 quarter mile All Stock

Yes a 4 door sedan that weights 4300 pounds empty

I was recently rated 100% PTSD and Incompetent and heard from someone if I am deemed incompetent that I can no longer buy firearms because my mental health records have been sent to the FBI.

I wanted to know if anyone on here knew if this is true?

And if it is true how do I get my rights to own a firearm back?

If this is true I'm going to be so very depressed.

Thanks Bro's and Sis's!!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

read the state law, it is BS in my state