VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Helplessness And Sah For Loss Of Use Both Lower Extremities

Rate this question

Dorothy Kansas

Question

What else can I do Its has been almost 1yr since I was awarded SAH. Why did I not receive the rating for loss of use. I don't understand this I should have 2 ratings for loss of use and aid and attendance which I have had in effect for 8 yrs for something different.

I am paying for my own aids bec ause the paid hired agency aids and nurses keep sealing my medication. They are lazy. I am going bankrupt. I want to use my housing grant but I need money to pay the differnce when my home sales. Please someone help me.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Can someone versed in higher SMC levels help Dorothy here?

Sadly Richard our go to guy on SMC rarely posts any more. Maybe John Basser could help. This is very important information and Dorthy surely deserves some answers.

Perhaps we could entice Poolguy or James to help out on this inquiry.

I wish I knew but I do not.

I would like to see it in something understandable to people who do not just cut and paste VA CR's

Sorry I do not mean to sound like I am bossy its a request from me also

M continue pursuit of higher rate of smc is I reeived the grant of special adapted housing. This grant is based on the loss of use of both lower extremities. I am already reciving aaaaaid and attendance for helplessness. THis grant of A/A did not pertain to the loss of use of both lower extremities. I am asking the VA to compensate for the Loss of use of my lower extremities according to the regulation I cited.

I have been really sick missed my deadline in responding to a SSoc. I have fought for 7 years on this issue and now all my retro may be lost. I had to fire my attorney and my new SO doesn't return my calls. I can't believe no one is familiar with entitlement for loss of use when you are granted SAH. I have A/A for helplessness. Now my disease process has caused the loss of use of both lower extremities. Please help if you can.

Dorothy- you should still have time to file a I=9.Maybe even time to request a DR0 review.

Do you get 100% plus the SMC S award now?

"Now my disease process has caused the loss of use of both lower extremities."

With medical evidence to support that, they should award 2 K awards OR a higher level of whatever SMC you get now.

A SSOC response is optional I think but always another bite at the apple-

Did the SSOC specifically refer to and then deny the 'loss of use of' claims?

"I can't believe no one is familiar with entitlement for loss of use when you are granted SAH"

Did VA even mention the SAH in the decision????

SAH Special Adaptive Housing.

I have been fighting a SMC issue since 2004.Still pending. None of my evidence has been considered yet by the VA.

A rep I had in 1998 (who just got my POA and then suddenly got my award letter -he had no input into my claim)

mentioned the lack of SMC consideration in the 1998 decision= a posthumous award for my husband.

He didn't mention to file a NOD and said to be happy with the award.

I was so stupid then.I didnt have a clue on SMC.

I had to file a CUE claim because they didnt consider SMC in the 1998 decision.

In our SMC forum here is a lot of very good info on SMC- better then what most reps know and probably better then what the VA knows as to SMC.

In your case did they actually deny a claim for SMC K based on 'loss of use of"??????

But they gave you the SAH????? DUH!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate to see claims go to the BVA as it takes at least 2 years for them to read the I-0 but the key word here is "read".

The BVA can read . ROs seem to lack that skill.

Edited by Berta