VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Iu Decision Is In?

Rate this question

erico541

Question

called 800 number and fellow looked up my case and said the decision had been made and i was now 100% and i would be receiving 3250 per month ... how can that be??tdiu is less $ than that per month, i am very lost and happy...any ideas on whats up thanks

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I take it you have one Kid and you are married.

That is the rate for SMS S or housebound. $3252.00

Good Job, you did it

Edited by jbasser

called 800 number and fellow looked up my case and said the decision had been made and i was now 100% and i would be receiving 3250 per month ... how can that be??tdiu is less $ than that per month, i am very lost and happy...any ideas on whats up thanks

erico how long ago did you file and what was the basis of your claim?

loma linda bill

ok that sounds great what is sms s or housebound? i have not heard of that. i was severely frostbitten and have problems from that along with very intense depression as well from the injuries. i filed for iu back in august. hopefully this will also bring some benefits for wife and son, thanks for the input. i was also turned down for ssdi last month

• HadIt.com Elder

SMC S is paid because you have severe disabilities. It means you have 1 single disability equal to 100 percent and a separate disabilty or disabilities combined to equal an aadditional 60 percent or are permanently house bound.

You will most liklely be awarded chapter 35 benefits for the wife and Kid along with CHamp VA for them also.

It dont sound like much, but Sailor, you did good. A College education for the kid can cost upwaards of 6 digits.

J

wow this is going to take some time to digest, i am not sure what to think right now. should i phone my dav rep and see if they know the break down [benefits] that my family may be able to receive? lastly thanks for all the help and such for the last several months as i went thru this stuff god bless ,erico