VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ihd Cp Exam

Rate this question

tinkerertn

Question

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

:VSO advised I was awarded SC on heart diseases as of Jan 21, 2010 and on Feb 3rd my file was in the stage of Authorization ( Whatever that means) but on Jan 22, 2010 filed VA Form 21-4138 requesting original claim of 2001 be re-opened under New Ruling by Secretary of VA for Ischemic Heart"

Authorization-in your case- means they have to sign off and then cut the check.Ths used to take a matter of days or a few weeks but thngs are slower these days-at the VA.

It appears to me that they granted heart disease as secondary to the inservice HBP, and not due to AO.

BUT "My VSO stated that I SHOULD be awarded Primary SC for IHD/CAD once the new ruling is in place and retroacive back to 2001."

I agree!

Abooger -The retro for their initial decision =if that comes fast- sure might not be all they owe you-

At first I read this and thought oh no ths could hold up the award =

"on Jan 22, 2010 filed VA Form 21-4138 requesting original claim of 2001 be re-opened under New Ruling by Secretary of VA for Ischemic Heart Disease/Coronary Artery Disease, Congestive Heart " etc

then I re-read and Yes- this was a VERY good move! If this holds up the initial award then the retro should be right- and it will be retro under NEHMER court order- your VSO is really on the ball here and you are too!

I wonder when those regs will ever come but the VA is working on these IHD claims anyhow.

:VSO advised I was awarded SC on heart diseases as of Jan 21, 2010 and on Feb 3rd my file was in the stage of Authorization ( Whatever that means) but on Jan 22, 2010 filed VA Form 21-4138 requesting original claim of 2001 be re-opened under New Ruling by Secretary of VA for Ischemic Heart"

Authorization-in your case- means they have to sign off and then cut the check.Ths used to take a matter of days or a few weeks but thngs are slower these days-at the VA.

It appears to me that they granted heart disease as secondary to the inservice HBP, and not due to AO.

BUT "My VSO stated that I SHOULD be awarded Primary SC for IHD/CAD once the new ruling is in place and retroacive back to 2001."

I agree!

Abooger -The retro for their initial decision =if that comes fast- sure might not be all they owe you-

At first I read this and thought oh no ths could hold up the award =

"on Jan 22, 2010 filed VA Form 21-4138 requesting original claim of 2001 be re-opened under New Ruling by Secretary of VA for Ischemic Heart Disease/Coronary Artery Disease, Congestive Heart " etc

then I re-read and Yes- this was a VERY good move! If this holds up the initial award then the retro should be right- and it will be retro under NEHMER court order- your VSO is really on the ball here and you are too!

I wonder when those regs will ever come but the VA is working on these IHD claims anyhow.

Berta

Thanks for the reply and information.

Let me clarify one additional thing here in ref: to the VA 21-4138. I had filed this on the 22nd of Jan, NOT knowing at this time that my claim for secondary heart diseases for SC had been awarded. It wasn't until the 29th of Jan that I found out via my VSO that my claim had been approved, then on the 5th of Feb I found out the claim was in the Authorization stage.

Yes my VSO and myself have been on this of this issue for some time. And I'm fully aware of the NEHMER Court Order and I do have my "I's" dotted and my "T's" crossed as I have from the beginning.

Berta

Thanks for the reply and information.

Let me clarify one additional thing here in ref: to the VA 21-4138. I had filed this on the 22nd of Jan, NOT knowing at this time that my claim for secondary heart diseases for SC had been awarded. It wasn't until the 29th of Jan that I found out via my VSO that my claim had been approved, then on the 5th of Feb I found out the claim was in the Authorization stage.

Yes my VSO and myself have been on this of this issue for some time. And I'm fully aware of the NEHMER Court Order and I do have my "I's" dotted and my "T's" crossed as I have from the beginning.

I am new to the forums but I have been reading your comments for about a month. I am a widow of a Vietnam Veteran who passed away in 2003. I filed for DIC and SC for PTSD and eventually included AO as contributing causes of death. He had CHD, Congestive heart failure and some other condition that basically was IHD. I was denied 3 times but on the last appeal I was granted a remand which was in September 2008. The issues that had to be addressed were:

1. The RO/AMC will ascertain if the appellant is in receipt of any VA, non-VA, or other relevant medical or lay information which she wished to submit in support of claim ( I submitted an independent physican report which supported my contentions that PTSD and AO substantially or materially contributed to his death in November 2008 along other internet articles in support of my claim)

2. The claims folder had to be returned to the examiner who issued the medical opinion. That was done in December 2009 and returned to Washington on January 8, 2010. The examiner was instructed "Given the course of development of the veteran's PTSD and heart disorder and their severity at the time of death did the veteran's cause or contribute substantially or materially to cause of death. The reasons for the opinion to include a discussion of any internet article submitted must be provided

3. Depending on any theory of entitlement raised by the record (e.g. whether the appellant submits any substantiation evidence toward claim of herbicides caused or contributed to the cause of death) the RO/AMC may conduct any other appropiate medical inquiry by referral of claims folder to any appropriately qualified physician.

4. Following these development the RO/AMC should review and readjudicate the claims

5. Lastly the claim must be afforded expeditious treatment.

In light of the new AO rulings what does all this mean for me. I used to call for status checks from time to time. I got told so much conflicting information that I stopped calling for a while. But on several occasions such notations as "continue to authorization or being authorized or now the latest " is ready for decision or something like that on February 18, 2010. How can so many conflicting situations occurs. How did my claim go from continue to authorization and I should hear something in 2 weeks in November to Ready for decision in February 2010. Help ME