VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Percentages

Rate this question

JOHN1

Question

If my calim comes back with 100 PTSD. 10% knee, 10% foot, that is a total of 120% but you are only paid upt to the 100% schedule, am I correct?

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

In a general sense that is correct da mundo.......If you get another condition rated 60% on top of the 100% you can get more money though.

If my calim comes back with 100 PTSD. 10% knee, 10% foot, that is a total of 120% but you are only paid upt to the 100% schedule, am I correct?

• HadIt.com Elder

You should ask for housebound SMC if you get 100% for PTSD. The VA is supposed to consider you for HB if you are 100% schedular. If you have any disorder that keeps you housebound ask for HB.

John1,

First I would be quite surprised if your PTSD comes in at 100%.

If you have a 100 % and a 60% you can apply for SMC / S.

Also, factor in VA math.

jmho,

carlie

John, do you feel you have the evidence needed to get 100% rate for PTSD? You would need overwhelming evidence PLUS a liberal rater to get rated 100%.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you read the VA criteria for 100% Schedular for a mental condition it says total social and occupational impairment. They mean total with a capital T.

According to my VSO ( American Legion ) you have to be a complete nut case ( no offense to anybody ) hell my wife was asking if they had a higher rating for me . Ha Ha ( no seriously ) she did ask . B)

Sgt ( only 50 % for now ) Sandman