VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Forgetting Anything?

Rate this question

Csdec1213

Question

Hello!

(Pretty sure I accidentally posted an almost empty post, so please excuse a double if thats the case!)

A little background to set me in the right direction-

My husband was sent to WTU in Feb 08 due to PTSD, but while in the process we discovered a TBI. The TBI was discovered after his vision suffered, then the vertigo set in, which happened infrequently in the very beginning. Then, it increased. Oh boy, did it increase! We didn't really get anywhere with it until we kept a record which included 21 attacks in 31 days. Then he was scheduled for a slew of TBI testing, including a Neuro-Psych done by a civilian doctor. His NP showed some serious issues, especially concerning his memory and other important skills.

After that, we were advised to file for SSDI, which we did and that process was very quick and efficient. I had quit my (ironically, a non-profit helping at risk veterans) job after a couple stove accidents and forgetting VERY important things. He was started in OT and PT (for a knee injury when a tank hatch fell on it during maintenance) and the process continued.

While getting close to discharge, we were advised to get his med records, which we did, of course. Also, his case manager gave him his file, which had all the appointment papers and slips, etc into it as well. He was rated at 70% with 50% PTSD and 40%TBI which also included migraine and mood disorder. His knee was rated as retainable, expected of course.

Presently-

He has one C&P appointment left, the TBI appointment. He has had C&P's for general, behav health, hearing, and vision. The general doc was not the one he was scheduled with (as he was on vacation), but she looked over the files he brought with him to the appointment, and said he looks like a 100% case. Then the Behav health doc spent over 2 hours inputting all his answers into the computer with him (he said she asked a question, then typed as he answered and read it back to him to verify). The hearing and vision tests were most thourough tests he's ever received according to him.

We copied and sent in his records, all neatly labeled and filed, to include the 43 page NP. The DAV rep said 100% within minutes of talking to him, and 2 of the VA docs have said so (with the behav health doc stating she wouldn't even know where to begin treating someone like him- gee, thanks?) I don't put much stock into verbal anything, the Army broke me of that one! We have sent anything they wanted, and of course gone to all appointments.

Are we forgetting anything? I have to remember for two and sometimes I just get lost in all the paperwork and hoops! Thanks do much in advance!!

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet