VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Deceased Veteran Pension & A&a & Housebound Question

teejay53

Question

my husband passed away october 2009 and he was a sgt in the usmc and i filed for widow's pension, a&a, dic, housebound. i went to see a veteran rep at the local va office and was told to file for all these benefits.

i submitted to the va rep the following: 21-534, 21-4138 (financial hardship to expedite), 21-2680, medical source statements (2 of them stating because of severe medical issues i can not work any longer), copy of marriage license, copy of death certificate. all these things were faxed to the va on december 22, 2009. i am so confused trying to keep all this straight.

my question, would the information i had faxed to the va put my claim in the expedited catagory or is there any other information i should send to them? if a claim is expedited, what is the basic working time for such a claim?

thank you for your help.

B)

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

teejay:

First my condolences for your loss. I think that you should get a Service Officer to help and give advice but remember that Hadit is here for you.

Hopefully they will get your DIC straightened out quickly.

God Bless You

Pete

i contacted the st paul by the 800 number, asked the following question and was told be patient and wait with no answer.

i am hoping someone can possibly give me some in site of any reasons that someone may have heard of where i would be denied my claim for benefits.

my late hubby has the following qualifications:

* was honorably discharged from service

* served over 5 years of active duty with several years during a period of war time

* i am the surviving spouse

* my countable income is $0

i am so glad i found this website. i thank you for all your help.

have a blessed day.

jeanne

:angry:

"i have read where some widows have received their claim in an average of 7 weeks."

Widows and widowers of OEF OIF servicemen and servicewomen killed in Iraq,or Afganistan have obvious DIC claims awards and those claims are going faster than other survivors claims.