VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Gerd And Tinnitus

Rate this question

SANDMAN

Question

I go in next week for an exam for both gerd and tinnitus. I will be trying to get them both SC . I have a couple of questions for the board. All of my service records are lost and medical too. Should i be trying to claim this as secondary to PTSD instead of connecting back to my active duty days. If my records are ever found , both of these conditions are in it . Also what can i expect at this exam

(not a c&p ) just with my primary care Dr at VA .They will be taking blood for the gerd, Tinnitus hearing exam ?

They also have me not eating for 12 hrs prior , when i do that i cannot take my meds as it really makes the gerd go.

Will they be able to tell that at the exam. Should i see if the Dr will make a nexus at this time or wait for a c&p.

I have been on Ranitidine since July 300mg per nite. But some nights it gets so bad i think i'm having a heart attack.

Thanks for all the input.

Sgt Sandman

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I have GERD and IBS they can not find what is causing it but they say that it not from PTSD because i had thease problems before i was dx with PTSD. This is the mentality that the VA Do's have. I am also o 20mg Omep. two times a day. Nothing that works for IBS except quit eating.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Many times, a person's sphincter between the esophagus and stomach is not closing properly. In my case, the upper GI said liquid was flowing halfway back through my esophagus. My girlfriend said they do special surgeries where they wrap a small bit of your stomach around the esophagus, effectively recreating the sphincter. That sounds extreme, but a possibility for relief...