VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Along Time Coming For Tdiu

Rate this question

progunrunner

Question

Thanks for all the hard work everyone has done here in responding to questions, I was active duty from Dec 82 until 94, In the years that followed i had various issues arise until in 07 i was having so many problems i ended up on Total disablilty from SSA. After talking to my VA rep we filed back in Jan 09 for the following, Hearing loss, Lower Back condition, Ringing in the ears, Lymphadenopathy due to fuel exposure, Bilateral elbow condition 3rd surgery dec 09, Bilateral shoulder condition. and the big one Bilateral Dehiscence of superior semicircular canals " in short straining or extreem noise caused the bone to fracture between my brain and my ear canals, resulting in vertigo, even more hearing loss and ocular issues. Resulting in Brain surgery from Chapel Hill in april 2009 to repair one side it was so bad. I went for my QTC exam the doctor was one that had sent me to Chapel Hill in the first place ? seemed odd but i went, The QTC office returned his findings 5 times for him to rewrite what ever he was sending in, that seemed odd to me ? But the nurse i have seen since said it was all in my favor his wording, i just learned today that the ratings board has my papers now, All my issues are backed up with doctors reports and the QTC exam, My VA rep seems to think i have a good chance at TDIU with the SSA finding me unable to work and giving in to my claim in less than 30 days ? But i still have this doubt in my mind that they were wanting something else in the QTC papers was the reason for all the returns ? any input would be Great thanks in advance for all you everyone of your do on this forum. IF they in fact have my claim my QTC was back in Dec 9th 09, is 30 days a realistic time frame to hear something ?

5 answers to this question

Hi Progunrunner,

I know it's been quite a few years, but can I ask what percentage of disability you received for your bilateral dehiscence of superior semicircular canal? My husband has been diagnosed with the same disorder/syndrome and will be retiring in the two years or so. We're just trying to get an idea what type of rating he can expect and since it's so rare I haven't been able to find a whole  lot. Did you having the surgery to correct it have any impact on your disability rating? My husband is still researching the possibilities and is still unsure if he wants to get the surgery prior to retirement (from what we've read it's a pretty major surgery with a long recovery time and major scar).  

Thank you for you time.

Thanks for all the hard work everyone has done here in responding to questions, I was active duty from Dec 82 until 94, In the years that followed i had various issues arise until in 07 i was having so many problems i ended up on Total disablilty from SSA. After talking to my VA rep we filed back in Jan 09 for the following, Hearing loss, Lower Back condition, Ringing in the ears, Lymphadenopathy due to fuel exposure, Bilateral elbow condition 3rd surgery dec 09, Bilateral shoulder condition. and the big one Bilateral Dehiscence of superior semicircular canals " in short straining or extreem noise caused the bone to fracture between my brain and my ear canals, resulting in vertigo, even more hearing loss and ocular issues. Resulting in Brain surgery from Chapel Hill in april 2009 to repair one side it was so bad. I went for my QTC exam the doctor was one that had sent me to Chapel Hill in the first place ? seemed odd but i went, The QTC office returned his findings 5 times for him to rewrite what ever he was sending in, that seemed odd to me ? But the nurse i have seen since said it was all in my favor his wording, i just learned today that the ratings board has my papers now, All my issues are backed up with doctors reports and the QTC exam, My VA rep seems to think i have a good chance at TDIU with the SSA finding me unable to work and giving in to my claim in less than 30 days ? But i still have this doubt in my mind that they were wanting something else in the QTC papers was the reason for all the returns ? any input would be Great thanks in advance for all you everyone of your do on this forum. IF they in fact have my claim my QTC was back in Dec 9th 09, is 30 days a realistic time frame to hear something ?

Update Yesterday 2/9/10 i made my weekly call to the Winstonsalem office to check on my claim and for the first time i was told something new, The VA " person " said that an Award had been granted " but" it had to be sent for a last review and someone else had to sign it before it would be sent to me. Now i have no idea whats going on It is like waiting on Christmas and Doomsday at the same time. So at this point i have no idea if its 0%- 10% or 100% . I will say the SSA kept me up to speed on where my claim was and how long and anything they needed. The VA has had another approach its like dealing with the KGB they ask all the questions and give no answers. Thanks everyone for posting and keeping the unkowing and uninformed on top of whats going on in the world of VA claims. It's hard to belive that something could be more involved than the SSA claim we did.

Today the big brown one marked Veretans Affairs shows up and i open it slowly not wanting to toss my cookies over the papers. And boom there it is 100% and to my unbeliving eyes they show each item and how it was service connected. They had some records i didnt have and connected the dots and there is where they found the 70% to push me over the top for P & T . They did not give me credit on a couple of the claims but at 100% P&T i said i can live with out them connecting them at this time. Now big Question from those who know, My VA rep is going to line up me and my wife and daughter for our id cards and VA id for my treatment and hearing aids. What else should i be checking into ? i feel almost like i am missing something, Any thoughts would be great thanks again for all the great answers on here to many questions i had.

Hey guys reviced my P&T 100% papers due to treatment of blast blunt force trama have been to the VA rep 3 days in a row working on filling out all the papers to get the family and everyone enrolled in the system, I was sick for 2 days after getting the award letter it was like all the stress of 4 years of dealing with it all came to a end. Still dont under stand how the Champva works for my family they are so vauge on explaining it. co pays and so on,