VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Received My Final Determination

Rate this question

Renegade81

Question

All,

I just received my "final" determination and it states "We assigned a permanent 100% disability evaluation for your service connected disabilities effective March 1, 2009." My question is, since they used the word "permanent" does that mean I don't have to worry about them trying to call me in for follow up physicals over the next few years and trying to reduce me back down below the 100% level?

Thanks i advance for your help,

Renegade81

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Maybe I missed something here, you are 100% for schedular and not extra-schedular? different pony there. If you are employed and if your compensation is 100% thats one thing. If its like me, I am extraschedular 100% unemployability which makes me a 'special' case :angry: but without that I am 90% and if able, could have worked with that 90% percentage. For clarity, See CFR 38 § 3.321 General rating considerations.

Hope that makes sense,

Cowgirl

Edited by cowgirl

If you're 100% schedule you can work all you want unless it's soley for a mental condition.

Guys and Gals,

Ya'll got me worried. I do work and make a substantial income. It says that its permenant but says nothing about total. When I called the VA they said I was 100% schedular disabled and it was ok to work as long as I want. Is this true? I don't want to do anything to screw it up.

Again, thanks in advance for your help!

Renegade81

• HadIt.com Elder
All,

I just received my "final" determination and it states "We assigned a permanent 100% disability evaluation for your service connected disabilities effective March 1, 2009." My question is, since they used the word "permanent" does that mean I don't have to worry about them trying to call me in for follow up physicals over the next few years and trying to reduce me back down below the 100% level?

Thanks i advance for your help,

Renegade81

Thank you for your service, Renegade81, and congratulations on the 100% schedular . from what I read you certainly deserve it. You did not mention what the final SC conditions are that boosted you from the 90% to the 100%. I read all your posts, however, without that info, you may not get a correct or accurate answer.

Edited by Commander Bob