VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Pt For Meniere's Disease

Rate this question

Jim 501st

Question

I got a decision for Meniere's today. The BVA service connected it Jan.14 2010. The RO-AMC rated me 100% PT Feb.4 2010. I recieved my decision today.

I'm still numb, I filed a form 9 June 2009, Had a BVA hearing Oct. 30 2009, Decision granted service connection right knee and Meniere's disease Jan. 14 2010. AMC rated meniere's 100% total back to Feb 2007 and right knee 10%

back to Oct. 2005 Feb. 4 2010

God Bless Jim 501st

Edited by Jim 501st

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

FABULOUS NEWS Jim!!!!

Relax and then enjoy and make sure your retro is correct when you have time.

Thanks from all. Yes Josephine I am the one who staggered into the WV. state trooper at the state fair. It is always fun when my Wife forgets and leaves me loose in a crowd. I sure meet alot of strangers. If I remember correctly you too suffer from this same disease. You have to have it to know how debilitating it can be.

Berta I do have a few question concerning my claim,

1. I already had an award of 30% hearing , 10% tinnitus which went away and was included in the meniere's decision. I also have a 50% rating for ptsd and now a 10 % rating for right knee. This gives me a single 100 % plus a 50% and a10%. For the S award does the 50% and 10%, which comes to 55% round up to the 60%. If It doesn't I still have a shot with the Left knee which is on remand as a residual to the right knee.

2. A&A- On the reason for decision the rater quoted a paragraph from my C&P report as follows.(The VA examination dated January 7, 2008, showed that you experience dizziness when you sit up in bed. You have constant dizziness and vertigo, and also have constant gait problems, You have difficulty getting up out of a chair and you have a noticeable gait disturbance and lean towards the left. Your gait would prevent you from performing many activities of daily living without assistance. Based upon the evidence, an evaluation of 100 percent is warranted for your Meniere's disease.)

My Wife does assist me with more than I would like to discuss, but my question is . Doesn't this decision as written qualify me for A&A?

If it does Qualify, what level would a rater assign? What should I do to bring these items to the attention of the RO. Please don't think I don't appreciate the award I have. I DO, but I think it possibly should have been rate a little higher.I would like opinions as I don't want to clutter up the system if it is unwarranted.

Thanks Jim 501st

• HadIt.com Elder

Jim.

I am not Berta, but here goes. This is what I was told.

Fill out this form and turn it in to your local office.

I was told to have my reqular doctor fill out the form.

http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-2680-ARE.pdf

Jim, Mine is not service connected and yours is. In my opinion you definitely meet the

requirements for the assistance.

I would fill out the form and turn it in.

I only wish there was a cure for this dreaded disease, but there is not.

I have checked with Baltimore and everywhere and there is nothing available.

I know what you mean by your wife helping you, God only knows, I couldn't survive without

my husband.

Always,

Betty

Edited by Josephine

I got a decision for Meniere's today. The BVA service connected it Jan.14 2010. The RO-AMC rated me 100% PT Feb.4 2010. I recieved my decision today.

I'm still numb, I filed a form 9 June 2009, Had a BVA hearing Oct. 30 2009, Decision granted service connection right knee and Meniere's disease Jan. 14 2010. AMC rated meniere's 100% total back to Feb 2007 and right knee 10%

back to Oct. 2005 Feb. 4 2010

God Bless Jim 501st

Well done!