VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ed Claim

Rate this question

Rhodesia

Question

:D Ok lets not get funny here, I had my Hypertension exam for an increase for HBP so I'm waiting for the results but in the mean time I just received a appointment for ED. ok nowI did not ask for this but is this an automatic claim? is this something that now hichikes on the Hypertension claim? another question here what is intailed in the ED exam? because I can not find anything in the VA book that gives this a secondary claim or what kind of exam takes place unless they show movies? B) (I'm just kidding here). but really anyone been through this or can give me a general ideal what to expect. Thanks :D

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

If you get awarded ED secondary then you will get a SMC-K award which is about 96 extra month I think. Someone correct me if i'm wrong on this.

:D Ok lets not get funny here, I had my Hypertension exam for an increase for HBP so I'm waiting for the results but in the mean time I just received a appointment for ED. ok nowI did not ask for this but is this an automatic claim? is this something that now hichikes on the Hypertension claim? another question here what is intailed in the ED exam? because I can not find anything in the VA book that gives this a secondary claim or what kind of exam takes place unless they show movies? B) (I'm just kidding here). but really anyone been through this or can give me a general ideal what to expect. Thanks :D

• HadIt.com Elder

http://knol.google.com/k/jim-strickland/a-.../i4hm0dxfnnzs/5

Edited by Commander Bob

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't know whether it's automatic, these days, but the VA generally takes your word for it. No movies, videos, photos, pole dancers, etc. Sorry! They do look at your lab reports and if for any reason they can find another reason for it they will deny. I had the exam and they blamed it on low testosterone.

pr

SMC-K award for ED is a pretty easy award to get if you are on medication. Of all the claims this is probably the easiest to prove and the VA is liberal in applying it.

I think you can get up to three SMC awards. Please correct me if i'm wrong on this.

Edited by jerrbilly