VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Almost Arrested At Varo

Commander Bob

• HadIt.com Elder

On Wednesday February 3rd, I went to the VARO and presented a "NOD" to the intake clerk at the front desk. When I asked that it be date stamped, the clerk told me that the date stamp machine was taken in the back and that she would just write on the top " received VARO" with her initials. I told her that this was a time sensitive letter and insisted that she go in the back and stamp it in or put her supervisor's name on it as well, She verbally assaulted me and threatened to call "security" ( this means the goons with guns ). I suggested she either gets the letter stamped or call the VA police. I noticed, what appeared to be a supervisor peek his head out of the adjacent door, She disappeared to the back and came out with a stamped copy of my document. She was rude, arrogant and incompetent in her duties. When I got home I called the VAOIG in D.C and suggested that someone should give them a call and tell the VARO supervisor to move the date stamp machine back to the front desk, due to the missing and shredding of documents problem within the VA system .... I am thinking about going back to the VARO on February 18th , one day before my one year deadline, and present a second notice of the NOD letter for a date stamp. I don't need their crap when I go back on the 18th, however if I don't do it who will. What do you think? Should I go back and see if they have corrected the problem?

Edited by Commander Bob

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Wednesday February 3rd, I went to the VARO and presented a "NOD" to the intake clerk at the front desk. When I asked that it be date stamped, the clerk told me that the date stamp machine was taken in the back and that she would just write on the top " received VARO" with her initials. I told her that this was a time sensitive letter and insisted that she go in the back and stamp it in or put her supervisor's name on it as well, She verbally assaulted me and threatened to call "security" ( this means the goons with guns ). I suggested she either gets the letter stamped or call the VA police. I noticed, what appeared to be a supervisor peek his head out of the adjacent door, She disappeared to the back and came out with a stamped copy of my document. She was rude, arrogant and incompetent in her duties. When I got home I called the VAOIG in D.C and suggested that someone should give them a call and tell the VARO supervisor to move the date stamp machine back to the front desk, due to the missing and shredding of documents problem within the VA system .... I am thinking about going back to the VARO on February 18th , one day before my one year deadline, and present a second notice of the NOD letter for a date stamp. I don't need their crap when I go back on the 18th, however if I don't do it who will. What do you think? Should I go back and see if they have corrected the problem?

BOB,

You could go back, but don't be dissapointed if nothing has been done. You know I have had issues with certain "clerks" and had to call my wifes friends husband, he works at this VARO. But, I've also gone in and had no problems. I think it is just dependent upon who is at the desk... All-in-all we are stuck and it's sad to say, we always seem to lose even with the backing of several other vets who witness the encounter. I would sure like to complain myself, unfortunately I haven't followed through. Oh, well.

Bergie

Bergie

• HadIt.com Elder

Bob

I think you have done enough. You called her bluff. Avoid these people except as necessary. Their disrespect triggers you.

John

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with John999 you have proof and trust me you don't want to be provoked into an incident.

I would request information put in "C" File in a few days.

Good Luck hang in there you are going to win

I agree with the sages- don't aggravate yourself unduly...and since you got the stamped copy in your hand before you left, it appears the skirmish was victorious for your side.

I remember one time I was turning in a paper and the kid at the desk stamped it in on the back...said a front stamp would clutter up the front. I couldn't help but protest that that wasn't good enough for me.... but I let it go. I won't in the future however. I have learned a lot here.