VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Aid And Attendence Question

teejay53

Question

looking for your advice on this question.

i filled for widows veteran benefits (pension including aid and attendence and homebound). filed for veteran's benefits on dec. 22, 2009.

i was speaking with a person (at my doctor's office) who said i might have to have receipts for the va and he couldn't explain why.

i do not have any receipts as i have had no income since my hubby passed away and i have not been able to pay anyone for help.

because of this i have learned to do most things around the house over the past 2 months. i have been struggling to accomplish these things, it takes a huge amount of effort and takes a long time, but i am having successes.

however, i am still homebound and need help out of the house and transportation to my doctor and other medical appointments. this i can't do this on my own.

should i unapply for aid and assistance or just leave it alone and hope i get homebound?

your advise is greatly appreciated.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

looking for your advice on this question.

i filled for widows veteran benefits (pension including aid and attendence and homebound). filed for veteran's benefits on dec. 22, 2009.

i was speaking with a person (at my doctor's office) who said i might have to have receipts for the va and he couldn't explain why.

i do not have any receipts as i have had no income since my hubby passed away and i have not been able to pay anyone for help.

because of this i have learned to do most things around the house over the past 2 months. i have been struggling to accomplish these things, it takes a huge amount of effort and takes a long time, but i am having successes.

I would leave it alone because you deserve it!!!!

Bill

however, i am still homebound and need help out of the house and transportation to my doctor and other medical appointments. this i can't do this on my own.

should i unapply for aid and assistance or just leave it alone and hope i get homebound?

your advise is greatly appreciated.

No apply for Aid & Attendance with house bound benifiets and who do you work with If it is the DAV they have a way of doing the filing the claim for it and you can even call them in your jurisdication okay keep me posted......

Bill

Just call the VA to send you the form to fill out for AA/homebound benefits. Have your Dr. fill out the form. That all I did. I'm now waiting for the VA going to give me homebound benefits. Good luck.

If you filed for pension on Form 21-534, section 9 asks for a list of unreimbursed medical expenses. Those expenses reduce your countable income which in turn determines the amount of your pension. You need receipts for those expenses in case the VA asks for them.