VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Vs School

Rate this question

East

Question

I need to have a understanding of the matter of PTSD vs School... say if your rated 50% below you cannot use the GI BIll or for that matter cannot attend school???

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I need to have a understanding of the matter of PTSD vs School... say if your rated 50% below you cannot use the GI BIll or for that matter cannot attend school???

East,

I don't know where you got that info but it's wrong.

A disability rating can not prevent one from using their GI Bill

nor attend school.

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

Just be sure to keep going for your PTSD treatment, and keep copies of medical records. The VA would not propose a reduction unless or until you showed material improvement; which in VA speak means at least a year of "gainful employment". Go to school --and good luck!! ~Wings

At 50% East, not only can you go to school but you can work all you want too. If you can, work and educate yourself as much as you want.

Like wings said just make sure you keep up with treatment.

jerr

Edited by jerrbilly

Thanks guys for your info. I was reading another post in regards to school and PTSD. On the post someone mentioned you cannot go to school if you have PTSD because it will throw a red flag to VA. Anyways, thank guys for your reply.

• HadIt.com Elder

East:

Let me get this straight. Your original question on this thread is that if you have PTSD you cannot go to school? Or do you want to know if going to school will jeopardize your rating of 50% or more?

There is a lot of confusion in recent days cause someone keeps piling on posts and bringing up entirely to many issues.

School is ok and even encouraged as a means of rehabbing approved of by VA. The VA does not penalize Veterans for doing so. Work is really up to you. Veterans have to wait to long as it is to put their careers and life on hold waiting for the VA to make decisions.

I would appreciate it very much if you would restate what you are looking for and Jere please butt out of this thread.