VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Today

Rate this question

masters101

Question

Wow what a crazy day, my wife had her second C&P today. It was crazy, i went along with her to ensure total honesty and to make sure the evaluation was completed. The VA Doctor or contractor would not let me go into the exam with her. He said his office was to small and we could come back another day and re-schedule with another Doctor or have the exam without anyone else present. We told him that the exam would not take place without me present. He said fine re-schedule and left, he was not friendly at all in fact he had my wife in tears. UGHHHHHHHHHHH!! We were lucky the girls working the schedule were able to get her back with another Doctor and we only waited 45 minutes. The C&P was simply a range of motion and it took 8 minutes tops. The paperwork my wife got from the VA said it would be 120 minutes.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Wow what a crazy day, my wife had her second C&P today. It was crazy, i went along with her to ensure total honesty and to make sure the evaluation was completed. The VA Doctor or contractor would not let me go into the exam with her. He said his office was to small and we could come back another day and re-schedule with another Doctor or have the exam without anyone else present. We told him that the exam would not take place without me present. He said fine re-schedule and left, he was not friendly at all in fact he had my wife in tears. UGHHHHHHHHHHH!! We were lucky the girls working the schedule were able to get her back with another Doctor and we only waited 45 minutes. The C&P was simply a range of motion and it took 8 minutes tops. The paperwork my wife got from the VA said it would be 120 minutes.

Good job, you were right to refuse to leave her alone. They cannot get away with anything if there are witnesses. I always recommend bringing a spouce or someone to witness the proceedings.

JMHO,

Bergie

• HadIt.com Elder

Sorry to hear about that issue, so glad things worked out so far and I sure hope the report reads true. My other half attended one exam but was refused on a different exam. Sure wish VA would regulate so a veteran knows what to expect.

My better half has been with me at all my C&P exams. At my last exam, the doc even asked her questions about my ability to handle everyday activities with my severe PN. I've had 4 C&P exams so far, 3 by this same doc. Probably the most vet friendly doc the VA has.

• HadIt.com Elder

You have to wonder what the doctor who refused a witness is afraid of the witness seeing or hearing? If the doctor is on the up and up why refuse the spouse to be in the room? I smell a rat.