VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Congressional Inquiry Worked!

Rate this question

vetmp

Question

So my VSO gave up, said he could do no more for me because the VA was not returning his calls regarding my case. I have doubts that is true BUT, I called my congressmans office and within a week, situation is resolved so far....

They had previously claimed they couldn't get my Military Personal Records from DOD, and also played the revolving door trick with my mental health doctors.

Their reply to the inquiry stated that they did indeed have all the necessary info and have made a decision.

My question is how long does it take, once they have made the rating? I already know they will deny part of it because Audiology said my hearing had improved since entering the service when I outprocessed. I disagree but whatever, the important stuff SHOULD get approved....

Im at the edge of my seat here, I wish some of this stuff wouldnt take so long. I am very happy Congressman Farr's office was able to get this resolved quicker than my VSO or I could.

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Always one negative nelly in the group. I will do my best NOT to think of THAT shit while I wait. Thanks....... I hope someone pisses in your cherrios too..... :huh: I had to do what I had to do. Im about to be on the xxxxxxx street......

Good Luck. The last Vet I know who did that got a decision real quick. A Denial.

J

I prefer " Grape Nuts " but then again I like Milk on my cereal.

each to his own,

Everyday is a Holiday

Every Meal a Banquet

Always one negative nelly in the group. I will do my best NOT to think of THAT shit while I wait. Thanks....... I hope someone pisses in your cherrios too..... :huh: I had to do what I had to do. Im about to be on the xxxxxxx street......

I am with jbasser-

it pays to be cautiously optimistic but only when the decision comes will you know if you have succeed or not.

If this helps -VA made a decision on Jan 6th per the 800# last month and I got my award letter this Wednesday.

The claim only took 7 years-filed Feb 6th 2003.

I am glad you feel your Congressman helped.

Years ago when I asked my Congressman and 2 Senators from NY to help with a VA problem, their response from the VA was a blatant outright lie.

It involved records they said SSA refused to send to them.

They forgot to tell my COngressman and Senators that the VA had never even requested the SSA records.

If you fully complied with the VCAA letter you got and have proof of mailing all of your evidence to them-hopefully the decision is an award.

I am still leery of my award letter.

When the cash gets into my bank then I will believe what it says.

I thnk one of the best features of hadit is that we all try to support each other but Jbasser and I have been around the VA block so many times we cant read into any 'decision' whether it could be favorable or not. without lots more info on the claim.

• HadIt.com Elder

Not to bust your bubble but reality is I hope you have a back up plan for the day you are "homeless" I have gone to my Senators and Congress critters over the past decade and the VA told them yup we are working on it and then I would get another denial my claim took from Oct 2002 until Jun 2009 before it was totally resolved the ROs lied the Congress people lie, the govt offices have been dealing with "congressional inquiries" for decades they know how to dot the i's and cross the t's, so everyone can claim the system works your congress critter gets a atta boy that they "helped" and the federal office can claim they did their job right and you get an answer to your question not it may or may NOT be the anwer you wanted but you will get an answer in the next 3-4 months has the VA scheduled your C&P exams yet? have you had them done? After a decade of fighting with the VA I have learned to never count on anything with them except "disappointment" that way when you get the "win" you won't be counting on it only to get knocked to the ground by the denial letter because the day after that denial letter comes you still need a roof over your head and a meal so back up plans are important do not count on the VA for anything except a hard time