VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Congressional Inquiry Worked!

Rate this question

vetmp

Question

So my VSO gave up, said he could do no more for me because the VA was not returning his calls regarding my case. I have doubts that is true BUT, I called my congressmans office and within a week, situation is resolved so far....

They had previously claimed they couldn't get my Military Personal Records from DOD, and also played the revolving door trick with my mental health doctors.

Their reply to the inquiry stated that they did indeed have all the necessary info and have made a decision.

My question is how long does it take, once they have made the rating? I already know they will deny part of it because Audiology said my hearing had improved since entering the service when I outprocessed. I disagree but whatever, the important stuff SHOULD get approved....

Im at the edge of my seat here, I wish some of this stuff wouldnt take so long. I am very happy Congressman Farr's office was able to get this resolved quicker than my VSO or I could.

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Ok, maybe I should have used a different title. I got a response finally and Im happy for that. Im sorry you had to go thru what you did. I hope I do not have the same result. My therapist says that from what she could tell from the notes in the computer from my C&P the mental health exam was pretty spot on and for my back it looked like they were going to attribute my pain to a car accident that I recieved surgery for on my neck, as a cause for something. But they still acknowledge the different times I had issues with my back during my service. She couldnt tell anything from the other exams for Desert Storm Syndrome and my arm.

I have had further discussions outside of this website and a rosier picture was painted than here. Your comments do make me leary but I am maintaining a positive outlook until I know what is what. Unfortunately my VSO says he is blocked from seeing the results. So I will be waiting the good wait and will let you know how it turns out.

Thank you very much for all of your responses.

Oh and I have a question.... Do some of the results vary by state? Like in a liberal vs conservative state. A friend in Utah says he got shafted but always felt that his state is unsupportive of military anyhow but I dont know if Utah is one way or the other. Im in Cali and its full of bleeding hearts and tree huggers. On one hand I could see it hindering and another I could see it helping.

And I dont mean to get political, Im curious to see what you think.

vetmp,

Actually it varies decision maker by decision maker.

Some can't read and some can half read.

jmho,

carlie

lol good one!!!