VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veteran Financial Assistance

teejay53

Question

i applied for financial aide for my utility bills and rent to:

Financial Assistance Program from the - The Oklahoma War Veterans Commission

i was approved at their meeting on friday - february 5th and haven't received anything as of today according to my local DAV office.

i was told it is a simple process (once it is approved - is mailed to okc, then mailed to my local DAV for me to pick up?)

has anyone applied for this and can share with me if this works this way and the time limit it usually takes to receive this.

i have notices on my utility bills am getting nervous.

thank you for your help.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I would call the people who approved the Assistance and explain that you are close to having the problem that they were trying to fix.

As an aside I would use this approval to ask the VA to expedite your claim

• HadIt.com Elder
I would call the people who approved the Assistance and explain that you are close to having the problem that they were trying to fix.

As an aside I would use this approval to ask the VA to expedite your claim

and I'd also contact the utilities companies and let them know what is going on.......

i will call utilities asap to explain what i am trying to do, however if they ask for verification that i have done this, i don't think i have any as i sent my application to the emergency vet help center.

when i receive my emergency help check i will send a copy of this to st paul, mn (veterans pension mgmt center-these are the people that are processing my claim) with a note and really hope this speeds it up and give them a call to let them know it is coming.

again, thank you all for your help.

teejay

i called the office that sends the check (if you are awarded one) for veteran financial assistance and they will send my check out today. they were very nice and happy to help when i explained i am close to having my utilities shut off.

i will fax a copy of my va financial assistance check and my updated 21-2680 (showing housebound) that i received from my doctor to the va pension managment claims department in st paul. hopefully this will help to expedite my claim.

i thank you for your help.