VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Advice

Rate this question

Art

Question

:D I am a retired Gulf War Vet. In 1996 I had to fight with V.A. two years for 40%.

20% for right arm pain and weakness. Now arm has unexplained moderate to severe twitch. I am right handed. V.A. never gave me a full explanation about the arm. I have been under Neuro. Dr care last year, he says twitch is unexplained. In 1998 I got Voc.

Rehab. four years of college to be a teacher now can't even write my own name sometimes. My lower back is rated at 10% but now my right leg is going numb. Neuro. Dr. says this maybe because of lower back not sure. The last year I have been tested and retested for everything . All of my doctors say they do not know what is causing this. Could be maybe? My left leg is rated at 10% because of scar tissue. Any suggestions?

• Answers 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Question for my fellow vets at hadit- I went for a C/P ortho exam today, for back and arm/shoulder conditions, are the ortho drs supose to use something to measure how far you can move your arm and bend and twist, mine did not. And are they supose to take a history of what is going on I showed my C/P dr a lot of paperwork which he did read but did not want copies of. Just asking in case I need info for future complaint.

I am not sure what your C & P exam was for but they do not do a ROM for Fibromyalgia. You will need a diagnosis of fibromyalgia to get service connection. Hopefully, since you have been seen by privates and VA doctors one of them have diagnosed you with this condition. It would be to your advantage to try to see a rheumatologist and have him/her evaluate your condition and treat you. Fibromyalgia is hard to diagnose due to the fact that other conditions must be ruled out. So to get the best care and understanding of your situation, I would highly recommend seeing a rheumatologist as soon as possible.

Here are the guidelines for the exam for fibromyalgia:

http://www.vba.va.go...ms/disexm22.htm

Sent VA Regional office copies of Army Med. records that state possible fibromyalgia 1995, Right arm going to sleep as well. Is this clear SC connection or could the VA say otherwise?

The record only state it might be Fibromyalgia (FM), not that it is. FM and CFS have 80% of the same symptoms. FM will max out at 40% and CFS max out at 100%. They both are a part of the presumptive for gulf war illness.

I am not sure what your C & P exam was for but they do not do a ROM for Fibromyalgia. You will need a diagnosis of fibromyalgia to get service connection. Hopefully, since you have been seen by privates and VA doctors one of them have diagnosed you with this condition. It would be to your advantage to try to see a rheumatologist and have him/her evaluate your condition and treat you. Fibromyalgia is hard to diagnose due to the fact that other conditions must be ruled out. So to get the best care and understanding of your situation, I would highly recommend seeing a rheumatologist as soon as possible.

Here are the guidelines for the exam for fibromyalgia:

http://www.vba.va.go...ms/disexm22.htm

Both FM and CFS are done by ruling out other things. They also have over 80% of the same symptoms. I have veterans get our self-help guide on GWI and highlight the systems they have for GWI in chapter one and for CFS in chapter two. Then to talk it over with there Doctors. This has help many veterans over the years that I have ben helpng them.

It is on their site www.ngwrc.org.

Both FM and CFS are done by ruling out other things. They also have over 80% of the same symptoms. I have veterans get our self-help guide on GWI and highlight the systems they have for GWI in chapter one and for CFS in chapter two. Then to talk it over with there Doctors. This has help many veterans over the years that I have ben helpng them.

It is on their site www.ngwrc.org.