VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Dr. Statements ?

Rate this question

vperl

Question

Is there a policy that VA Dr. or PA's cannot give written statements to Veterans hunting and asking for proof of a valid VA Disability claim.

I have had both my VA PA and my Cardiac Doctor seem very hesitant to write a statement that I could use in my AO IHD presumptive claim.

What is going on, or is it a case by case decision made by the different Medical people at the VA.. with no policy for or against writing a supporting claim statement.

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I apologize in advance for the sarcasm in this post, but I simply could not resist. After all, these are our patient rights and responsibilities.

Extracted from: Patient and Nursing Home Resident Rights and Responsibilities

http://www.patientadvocate.va.gov/rights.asp

II. Information Disclosure and Confidentiality

* You will be given information about the health benefits you can receive. The information will be provided in a way you can understand.

III. Participation in Treatment Decisions

* You will be given, in writing, the name and title of the provider in charge of your care. As our partner in healthcare, you have the right to be involved in choosing your provider. You also have the right to know the names and titles of those who provide you care. This includes students, residents and trainees. Providers will properly introduce themselves when they take part in your care.

IV. Complaints

* You are encouraged and expected to seek help from your treatment team or a patient advocate if you have problems or complaints. You will be given understandable information about the complaint process. You may complain verbally or in writing, without fear of retaliation.

It is good to know that information regarding benefits we can receive will be given to us in a way that we can understand. In my case, the only way I will understand is for the doctor to write a clear nexus statement either for or against SC without having to go through a separate C&P examination with contractors like QTC.

It is good to know that we can choose our provider. If the doctor chooses not to write a nexus, I choose for them to provide me a doctor who will.

It is also good to know that we can complain without fear of retaliation. If they do not write a clear nexus statement, maybe we should complain more. After all, they cannot hold our complaints against us.

Because we are patients, it is our responsibility to complain when the VA slacks off...

Question is can the VA Medical professional actually provide enough evidence in the Veterans file, with test, diagnosis, and clear irrefutable statements of fact about a veterans condition in his medical records...

If not..... one must get a Private Medical review .. costing lots of $$

Seems if that is so the deck is stacked in favor of the VA..... since the VA would stop the VA Doctors from

just making a paragraph statement to explain exactly your condition and test results for the claim system

Both of my VA psych people, one an M.D., the other a P.A., had no hesistation in writing, not only in my medical records, but also seperate statements concerning my condition and reccomendations for me to receive TDIU.

If it hadn't been for my VA psychiatrist I'd STILL be fighting the VA Regional Office!

I guess is good to know that there are Va docs that do want t help vets. I hope they do the same for me when I go to Dallas Va.

I apologize in advance for the sarcasm in this post, but I simply could not resist. After all, these are our patient rights and responsibilities.

Extracted from: Patient and Nursing Home Resident Rights and Responsibilities

http://www.patientadvocate.va.gov/rights.asp

II. Information Disclosure and Confidentiality

* You will be given information about the health benefits you can receive. The information will be provided in a way you can understand.

III. Participation in Treatment Decisions

* You will be given, in writing, the name and title of the provider in charge of your care. As our partner in healthcare, you have the right to be involved in choosing your provider. You also have the right to know the names and titles of those who provide you care. This includes students, residents and trainees. Providers will properly introduce themselves when they take part in your care.

IV. Complaints

* You are encouraged and expected to seek help from your treatment team or a patient advocate if you have problems or complaints. You will be given understandable information about the complaint process. You may complain verbally or in writing, without fear of retaliation.

It is good to know that information regarding benefits we can receive will be given to us in a way that we can understand. In my case, the only way I will understand is for the doctor to write a clear nexus statement either for or against SC without having to go through a separate C&P examination with contractors like QTC.

It is good to know that we can choose our provider. If the doctor chooses not to write a nexus, I choose for them to provide me a doctor who will.

It is also good to know that we can complain without fear of retaliation. If they do not write a clear nexus statement, maybe we should complain more. After all, they cannot hold our complaints against us.

Because we are patients, it is our responsibility to complain when the VA slacks off...

Is dissapointing to know that there are docs that don't want to help vets with this issue. Is not like we want them to make stuff up, is just that wathever the disablity migth b needs to be brake down in detail, what's so hard about that. Is just asking for facts.

Now, there's a big difference between getting your disabilities explain in deep and asking for a nexus. I doubt a Va doc will write a nexus for a patient. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

http://www.vawatchdog.com/10/nf10/nffeb10/nf021510-7.htm

“This relatively new concept requires that health care providers and institutions completely re-evaluate how they deliver care,” the VA notice states. “They then implement new processes where care is totally focused on patient needs and desires, as opposed to the traditional methods of care delivery which are more focused on health care providers and the needs of the system of care delivery itself.”

According to the VA notice, studies have shown that when patient-centered care is effectively implemented, patient outcomes and patient satisfaction increase dramatically, as do medical staff satisfaction and retention. Overall, such care organizations function more effectively and operational costs are reduced, the notice said

Patient needs and desires? This sounds like something from the world of make-believe. We know what we need and desire, but the VAMC docs typically refuse to do it.