VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Rating Reduced To 40%

Rate this question

jhorak101

Question

I live here in Central Texas near Fort Hood and was talking with a Vietnam Vet a Marine veteran who told me he got a letter from the Waco TX VA regional office saying that they purpose to reduce his disability from 100% un employable to 40% I was under the impression that 100% was permanent and total and would never change I myself am rated at 80% overall with my highest disability rating at 30% then others at 20% and 10% The DAV told me that I have to maintain that rating for 20 years before it becomes permanent and total according to 38 CFR they already tried to reduce one of my disabilities from 30% to 0% because they say during a recent exam the VA medical doctor an neurologist at the Temple TX VA hospital said tat me condition improved ?? I had to go back a submit civilian health report form my Tricare provider at Hillcrest Baptist medical center in Waco to overrule the incompetent C&P evaluator. Now its this kind red tape that needs to get to the Top people in Washington i.e. the President and the VA secretary and congress. But my primary question has to do with my Vietnam Vet friend that the VA is trying to screw.

Thank You

Jim Horak, TSgt USAF Chapter 61 Disability Retiree

Belton Texas

• HadIt.com Elder

We got some really smart people here at Hadit. A lot smarter than me, and more squared away. I don't have enough OCD to keep charts and such. It is a wonderful idea. I just sent in my certified/return receipt Employment Questionaire for TDIU purposes. I trust these mothers not at all. I don't wait to get a form in the mail. Around the first of the new year I send them a complete questionaire. I operate on distrust and paranoia when dealing with the VA.

John

I just know that documenting is the best way to go.

I'm sure they'll reduce my 100%. I just wrote two books, am trying to enter a work program and haven't been to the hospital for a year.

I still have severe memory problems, extreme apathy, aphasia to some degree but most people don't notice.

If I end up homeless, I'll deteriorate to the point that they'll have to put me back into a group home because I'll fall apart. It's the same sad song every time. They caged me last time I had a major break.

I was right where I am now about three years ago too except that I was at 70%. Then I was life-shocked again.

Back then, I was looking for a job. I don't like being useless, but I also want to survive.