VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Appeal

Rate this question

vperl

Question

Question, after being denied for PTSD....

An appeal was filed using a 10 page diagnosis ( using the proper layout as the VA requires ) from a Mental Health Provider that specializes in Veterans PTSD claims.

Will the VA require another 35 minute C&P to overrule the 8 hours sessions with the MHP ?

Will the VA take on the actual face of the claim using the MHP dianosis..... or do they wish another dog and pony show ?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

vperl,

What did the denial letter say? they generally have to give you a reason. Was it becasue they could not verify your stressor? this is usually the case in most instances. Are you doing the appeal yourself? get with the moderators on thsi site, they will give you soem good advice to help your own cause. Be proactive and seek out the informationthey want, aka spoon feed it to them that way there is less to question. Now your 8 MH visits and diagnosis is a very good start. Is there a reason you chose not to go to the VA MH before your C&P exam? no matter how many exams you have or diagnosis, a c&P exam will be done to confirm or deny a diagnosis. What is in your Service medical records? Are you OIF/OEF vet? Gulf vet? Vietnam Vet?

I know it is a daunting task, but trust me it will be well worth it when you are done (I know it may not seem like that now, trust me, I was there too).

Good luck, hope I could give some advice. I try to pass anything I learned on to others.

Semper Fi

I old guy RVN, going thru my VSO (County, X-Squid)

He is good and we did all this..

a copy of the C&P was requested and delived to my MHP.... She is not new to these things.

So, the Answer is..... yes they will schedule me another C&P ???

Have a gone to VA and attended two PTSD Classes and many one on one at VA

Vet Cntr., 7 one on ones and now in group... today in fact.... one AF guy brings homemade banna bread...... I am starting to think I go for the treat.....

Every day is a Holiday

every day is a Holiday

s/f

van

vperl,

What did the denial letter say? they generally have to give you a reason. Was it becasue they could not verify your stressor? this is usually the case in most instances. Are you doing the appeal yourself? get with the moderators on thsi site, they will give you soem good advice to help your own cause. Be proactive and seek out the informationthey want, aka spoon feed it to them that way there is less to question. Now your 8 MH visits and diagnosis is a very good start. Is there a reason you chose not to go to the VA MH before your C&P exam? no matter how many exams you have or diagnosis, a c&P exam will be done to confirm or deny a diagnosis. What is in your Service medical records? Are you OIF/OEF vet? Gulf vet? Vietnam Vet?

I know it is a daunting task, but trust me it will be well worth it when you are done (I know it may not seem like that now, trust me, I was there too).

Good luck, hope I could give some advice. I try to pass anything I learned on to others.

Semper Fi

vperl,

its all good devil. I'm glad you are getting some help. I apologize for saying they will order another c&P exam. I was unaware, that you already had one. In general, I was thinking that you usually go to vet center for group and/or therapist for 1 on 1. At some point your 1 on 1, makes a full DSM-IV diagnosis. Thne you put in for a claim, they order a C&P exam, which is just 1 visit for about an hour. They are making their own independt diagnosis. This is given a lot of weight, but is not the end all, be all. Whatever percentage you were seeking, it usually helps that the c&P doctor, agrees on his own. Now my thinking on your case specifically, is that it appears you had a c&P as well as vet center counseling. Did the vet center doc, make a diagnosis in the DSM-IV? I hope this helps...