VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Preparing For The Worst

Rate this question

Angelo Hurtado

Question

I am currently 80% rated and have a claim that is "being finalized" as per the 1800 number..it came out of rating feb 10th. it was a claim for ptsd, a request for increase and IU... ive been out of service for a year and some change..im expecting a denial on the claim (dont know why, just the way i am) so im wonder what would be the best route to combat this? all recommendations are greatly appreciated

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Now you tell them you disagree with their denial - file a NOD.

I filed a NOD, fully expecting to go to a hearing, but they reconsidered (I had hired a NOVA lawyer) and awarded me without a hearing. Since my case didn't go to a hearing, the NOVA lawyer didn't even charge me, saying all he did was help me file the evidence I had already gathered. He is also the attorney I have for my upcoming ALJ hearing.

Louis

When they scheduled my c and p exam i requested to have it closer (they had me going 3/4 hours away) and they said ok, i hadnt heard back in a couple weeks and called and was like wiskey tango foxtrout...then they told me it was in rating and now the paper work says that i AM diagnosed with PTSD an that they recognize my stressor but need a c and p to tie the 2...and then for my iu claim they said they had no other information for them to raise my % or grant iu (no c an p) so i sent in a nod this morning with my vso and a request for a c and p for my ptsd claim...so the wait continues