VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ativan

Rate this topic

I am surprised Ativan is expensive the usually give xanax

Why is everyone so " ANTIVAN " ?????

what have you got against us

s/f

van

Edited by vperl

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jeff.. my dr also rx'ed ativan.. I asked the pharmacist if there was a generic... He changed the "ativan" to "lorazepam"

($14.00 for 60 pills)

SemperFi

Tom

I've been on 3 mg daily of lorazepam for over a year, really helps with anxiety, panic etc., call it the "little white do not kill pill" Was diagnosed with severe PTSD in late 2008 all due to stressors from Nam, also take 60 mg of prozac daily with a host of other meds. Been through the CPT program and didn't help a single little bit, as a matter of fact it brought very bad memories of events to the surface that had been buried for many many years. If it wasn't for the meds I would be in the psych unit. I don't care what they say, this does not go away, at least for me it doesn't; the only place I feel secure is in my home in my den with the drapes shut and the door closed; then of course are the routine "perimeter checks". My wife God Bless her puts up with me and does everything she can to help. I think we're better off to take the meds and go to therapy and accept the fact that we are a breed apart and recognize we are Brothers who "know a little something the rest will never know".

I've been on 3 mg daily of lorazepam for over a year, really helps with anxiety, panic etc., call it the "little white do not kill pill" Was diagnosed with severe PTSD in late 2008 all due to stressors from Nam, also take 60 mg of prozac daily with a host of other meds. Been through the CPT program and didn't help a single little bit, as a matter of fact it brought very bad memories of events to the surface that had been buried for many many years. If it wasn't for the meds I would be in the psych unit. I don't care what they say, this does not go away, at least for me it doesn't; the only place I feel secure is in my home in my den with the drapes shut and the door closed; then of course are the routine "perimeter checks". My wife God Bless her puts up with me and does everything she can to help. I think we're better off to take the meds and go to therapy and accept the fact that we are a breed apart and recognize we are Brothers who "know a little something the rest will never know".

On the perimeter check, my two beasties follow me....... I am not sure they are helping me, but I figure they may be of great help... they never back talk me....

Edited by vperl

It was the generic "lorazepam" that I got from my pharmacist too.

Perimeter watches? Strange you should mention that. I used to walk around outside my house at night with a shotgun to check and make sure things were secure.

Like pigdriver said; I've got a wife that puts up with me more than most would have. I'm guessing any other gal would have thrown my butt out the door years ago.

S/F Brothers

Jeff

Wonder how many crazies like us do more than that?

Not knowing we all do certain things thinking that we are the only one that does these things...

I take the fifth...

It was the generic "lorazepam" that I got from my pharmacist too.

Perimeter watches? Strange you should mention that. I used to walk around outside my house at night with a shotgun to check and make sure things were secure.

Like pigdriver said; I've got a wife that puts up with me more than most would have. I'm guessing any other gal would have thrown my butt out the door years ago.

S/F Brothers

Jeff