VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ativan

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, they are late on my pain pills again. They are sorry. I hate depending on them for anything. I hate going out there to my VAMC.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a little lost, but I believe the question was about Ativan?

I took the drug for a short period, but did not find any relief.

I have taken Valium 5 mg now for 33 years and have never had to double up on the drug and I have not noticed any side effects.

Do I still stay anxious, you bet, but I am anxious no matter what the drug is.

In my years there just aren't many I haven't tried.

It only takes the doorbell to ring to set me off.

Wives have to deal from a lot from their husbands, but I have a husband that has had to carry me since we were

married in 1965. A lot of years to deal with my illness and he didn't receive a dime from the VA for the

first 40 years. I didn't start receiving anything from them until that first large check came in 2008.

Monthly checks started then and then another large check.

He thought I was worth saving and I am sure each and every wife out there of you veterans feels the same way.

God Bless You All!!

I am rattling too much.

Thanks for listening.

Josephine

I am a spouse of a Vet on 5 different kinds of psych meds. All of us spouses are blessed to have our men (and Josephine) who educate themselves about their meds and situations. You guys keep checking up on your Dr's....you seem to be doing great. Oh, BTW, K checks the door locks several times and tweets than d--- truck lock a couple of times every pm. So far, no more perimeter checks, but every noise outside, he's up, no matter how many pills he's on. No one else knows how it is because they havent worn a Vet's shoes.