VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Help With Letter For Bronchiectasis For Claim

Rate this question

LCPL Dressler

Question

I was diagnosed with Bronchiectasis, Asthma, Allergic Rhinitis and a couple other things in the USMC. Was medically discharged from USMC early. I currently have 30% for asthma and 0% service connected for bronchiectasis. Here is the problem, I am wanting to pursue claims for Bronchiectasis. I have prescribed prednisone 4-5 times in the last year. From what I was reading, that is considered "systemic steroids" which could help my claim showing that I keep getting chest infections and that I am not lying about my severity. I constantly have to cough to remove phlegm from my lungs on a daily basis (not kidding). They keep denying me any percentage other than 0%. I just don't know what to do. I cannot get ahold of the DAV ever! I just need help with getting the right words to ask my doctor to write for my claim. I have been seeing the doctor for 5 years now for the same problem and he knows that this is serious and chronic. Does anyone know about systemic steroids, and if it could help my claim. Any help would be appreciated, Thank you guys for the help. Email me or write here. thank you!

LCPL Dressler

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

I to have had a hard time with the VA concerning both of your posts. I have been fighting allergic rhinitis for 2 years with no results other than sc. I also cough phelm all day long to get it out of my lungs. I haven't filed for bronchiectasis. I am wondering if this can be the results of the burn pits. Please let me know if you find out anything new. Thanks