VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The White Envelope Came!

Rate this question

Julie2

Question

B) Julie2

Hi All, the white envelope must have come yesterday in the mail. I just got it, and wanted to let Berta, JRW, and whoever else I was talking to about my Husbands Death. He was Service Connected with Hypertension 20%, he was RVN 23 years service, he died June 10th 2009. Death from "Coronary Artery Atherosclerosis" after 8months tommorrow, I have just been granted DIC, chaper 35, I guess ck will follow. Thank you all for your comments, as I was sure I was gonna have to wait and re-file under the Ischemic Heart Disease, but, they did me right, I'm 52years old been on unemployment since last May 1st and have been trying to get a job, but, I have run into alot of "Age Discrimenation" out there, so, at least I know for the rest of my life, my bills will be paid. Thank-You God, my Husband and the USA and all of you as I was really stressing out, and on my last nerve, so I want to thank-you all for being so supportive. I probably should have put this in the "Sucess Stories" but, this is where I found you all, so once again Thank-you all.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Julie:

I am glad that you got the benefits your husband earned for you. If you are not able to find a job consider using the Chapter 35 benefits as I think it will pay almost a thousand a month and some States offer tuition breaks for DIC and Veterans

Congratulations Julie - I am also a DIC widow who was recently awarded and received benefits. I learned something new in this thread - so I am going to school too! I have been self employed at poverty level for years, and have not found a well paying job capable of paying all of my bills which are not much, btw.

Good luck~

• HadIt.com Elder

Julie, all the best to you and your success. Yes, its a nice feeling to have the bills be paid and be able to breathe a sigh of relief for the moment. It will be a constant for you to keep aware of all things DIC and VA related issues when it comes to widows. So keep your guard up.

I hope you will get all the burial expenses, headstone and otherwise due to you. Please be sure his medical and personnel records, service records, social security records and VA are correct and a copy in your possession. It took a while to gather those things when I needed them. Also most doctors I know don't keep files more than 7 years. Just thinking of all the hard work you've done and achieved - Ya done good!

All the best and hugs!,

Cowgirl

:mellow: Julie2

Thanks again to all of you, and just to let you know, I will be watching the forum, as I am so interested to see the New Regs on the new 3. So, I will be around, I have studied this forum so much over the last few months, and gotten so much information, I just can't thank-you all enough for the knowledge one another gives, along with the Support of one another.

Thank-You!!!!

Widows and widowers of vets deceased due to service are also eligible for special points as far as Civil Service exams go.

And also in some locales they are given property tax exemptions.