VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lamotrigine 25mg

Rate this topic

Guest Vietnam Tanker

Guest Vietnam Tanker

I was recently prescribed this Lamotrigine to take one tablet by mouth at bedtime and increase toe two tabs after 7 day's. I took the first one Saturday and again last night. I am feeling very wozzy and unstable in walking. I take this in addition to 1mg of Alpraolam (Zanex) 4 times a day every six hours, and a slew of other meds. According to I-guard these are all a very dangerous combination. B)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I am not a health care professional, so don't officially take my word on this.

Because you are having trouble walking, don't drive! You could place yourself or others at risk if something goes wrong.

Contact the prescribing physician as soon as possible. The VA or your insurance company's nurse hotline might be able to triage your symptoms over the phone. They don't know the medicine is causing you an adverse reaction unless you tell them.

http://www.rxlist.com/lamictal-drug.htm

Also, certain psychotropic medications may a while before the full effect occurs. During this time, you might notice some unpleasant or unwanted side effects. When the full effect is achieved, the effects may go away. Sometimes they don't... The effects may be different for everyone.

Hope you get to feeling better

I was recently prescribed this Lamotrigine to take one tablet by mouth at bedtime and increase toe two tabs after 7 day's. I took the first one Saturday and again last night. I am feeling very wozzy and unstable in walking. I take this in addition to 1mg of Alpraolam (Zanex) 4 times a day every six hours, and a slew of other meds. According to I-guard these are all a very dangerous combination. :o

John,

I take it as an anti-convulsant, along with about tons of other meds.

carlie

John,

I take it as an anti-convulsant, along with about tons of other meds.

carlie

Carlie....Yep,same reason I take Lamictal

Good ole Seizure Disorder Thanks to 2 Shore Patrol & me having a disagreement in a Bar in Japan in 1967 Guess they didn't have a sense of humor lol

OK..I take 600 mg of Lamictal a day plus other Anti Seizure meds & all of those Anti Seizure Oills can cause Mentel confusion & who knows what else

What I've found from taking all those pills is my Short Term memory SUCKS

Long term seems to be OK most of the time

What I would advise him to do is look up Anti Seizure Druds & they will tell him all the suspected side effects of it

My favorite part is where they say " We don't know what it does but we suspect it does this & this"

As far as it being dangerous taking those 2 pills together I suppose a drug site could inform him of that

I also take 400 mg of Dilantin a day & 1500 mg of Levetiracetam a day

So, I suspect that might be the reaon I feel sometimes my head isn't screwed on real tight

GARY

It is best medication that I have ever taken for bipolar disorder Yes, it is an anti-convulsant but now used for bip do. I take a 200mg pill every morning for 3 years without any side effects.

I luve that drug. take 200gm evey mornin. keeps the cycling at bay

only thing thats ever wroked for me

I was recently prescribed this Lamotrigine to take one tablet by mouth at bedtime and increase toe two tabs after 7 day's. I took the first one Saturday and again last night. I am feeling very wozzy and unstable in walking. I take this in addition to 1mg of Alpraolam (Zanex) 4 times a day every six hours, and a slew of other meds. According to I-guard these are all a very dangerous combination. :)