VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd - - - Percentage & Recieved

Rate this question

ReconRon

Question

HELLO !

If you have a CAR and was a medic with PTSD and Bi Ploar disorder

and if you seeking on going PTSD classes and help what is the normal

you will be rated for. 50% , 70% if you have the CAR ? ?

I have 2 doctors PSY GAF scores near the same VA Doctor says 39 over the

months and outside privte psycharitrist say 38 to 42 on the GAF score, both

the same and both with Bi polar, any body have a guess about what % ? ?

Last

I have servere Tinnitus right ear, and very very bad Degenerative Disc

Disease in my Cervic C-spine C-1 thru C-7 with Moderate Severe Root Damage

to the spine, can anybody give me and ideas about the rating I should get from this.

I cant work and havenet for the last 4 years, homeless and 60 years old, no nothing

Am I guessing about

PTSD 70 % with a secondary, Bi Polar Disorder

Tinnitus 10%

DDD 30%

Total 90%

If I cant work and get an 70% can I try for IU at 70% to get 100% total

Disability since i can work, i also waiting SSI and SSDI in future but not together.....

Could this be so so correct I have a CAR and was a medic in the

service so have good stressors

I have 10% Malaria now SC

Thanks for all that reply

• Answers 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Recon,

You have your Hadit pages set up to show the first post

at the bottom of the thread and the newest post in the thread at the top.

The original dates and times are shown for each post.

What problem do you have with this ?

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

"the more things change, the more they stay the same.................."

and, a corpsman IS STILL a corpsman (A "Death Cheater").

and, the most comforting words, the words I heard that made me relax better than even the morphine were "CORPSMAN UP!" You knew then, when you heard that, that THEY knew you were down, and THEY'D be coming..........crap, almost 50 years ago and I'm sitting here, crying!

and, one of the worst instances of "stolen valor".............someone claiming to be a Corpsman.

I'm outta here.

I am following you too -

Larry-

same reason -and thanks Philip! you told me to do this last year and I didnt-thought it would add time to my claim-

since they did resolve most of my issues I will send off a DD 149 today for the CAR to be on Rod's DD 215.

Listen I dont care what you say about USMC Marines, you werent there so kiss off.

And i have pqaeprwrok to make you look like a idoit. YES patrol mission where there were not no HM3 corpsman becasue there werent any. you must be a NAVY Dude . if it wasnt for the Marines to cover your but or they wouldnt be here.

Just answer the questions I dont need your off the walk GUESSTMATIONS

My MOS is 8651 AN 0311 AND i WAS CROSSES TRAINNED IN Da Nang in a company aid man school. I still saved lives and did my job quite well in a matter of fact . saved many life wheather you liked it or not.

But any way I have nothing to or need to prove to you and my miltiary records will state my case as will my DD-214 and what it said on it also.

SO what ever you say only Navy dudes have thhis type of attitude NOT MARINES and anyway..I thought we faught for the same side or are you one of them ? ? ?

Thanks for your time

Recon Ron

1st Marine Div

1st Recon Charlie Company

Ron

It can only be a Navy person who acts like this.

and, the most comforting words, the words I heard that made me relax better than even the morphine were "CORPSMAN UP!" You knew then, when you heard that, that THEY knew you were down, and THEY'D be coming..........crap, almost 50 years ago and I'm sitting here, crying!

and, one of the worst instances of "stolen valor".............someone claiming to be a Corpsman.

I'm outta here.

If I understand your original questions, you are wondering what you would be awarded for PTSD and Bi-Polar with GAF scores around 40.

You can not be awarded for both PTSD and Bi-Polar, either one or the other. A GAF score is just a snapshot in time, so having multiple GAF scores is better than having just one or two in your files.

You talk about having stressors, so those could be used for PTSD but not Bi-Polar; which IMHO would be extremely difficult for you to get Service-Connected now. You would also have to have a nexus for your DDD.

There is a whole lot more than a nexus and GAF scores that go into how a decision is made regarding awarding a rating and a Service-Connected disability to someone. With the information given, it is impossible to even hazard a guess, because you are assuming that SC will be given automatically. Sad to say, it doesn't work that way at all...

I'm outta here.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

your right stolen valor .... have you read all his posts ? Excuses are like.........guess what

all over the place.... he is not the first to be the wannabe hero..... sniper, recon, baloney pusher around....

knew a guy that gave me a Motor=T MOS and claimed all sorts of stuff, once you get face to face with them they

run like cock roaches when the light is turned on........ scurry little beasties skurrie..

Edited by vperl