VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd - - - Percentage & Recieved

Rate this question

ReconRon

Question

HELLO !

If you have a CAR and was a medic with PTSD and Bi Ploar disorder

and if you seeking on going PTSD classes and help what is the normal

you will be rated for. 50% , 70% if you have the CAR ? ?

I have 2 doctors PSY GAF scores near the same VA Doctor says 39 over the

months and outside privte psycharitrist say 38 to 42 on the GAF score, both

the same and both with Bi polar, any body have a guess about what % ? ?

Last

I have servere Tinnitus right ear, and very very bad Degenerative Disc

Disease in my Cervic C-spine C-1 thru C-7 with Moderate Severe Root Damage

to the spine, can anybody give me and ideas about the rating I should get from this.

I cant work and havenet for the last 4 years, homeless and 60 years old, no nothing

Am I guessing about

PTSD 70 % with a secondary, Bi Polar Disorder

Tinnitus 10%

DDD 30%

Total 90%

If I cant work and get an 70% can I try for IU at 70% to get 100% total

Disability since i can work, i also waiting SSI and SSDI in future but not together.....

Could this be so so correct I have a CAR and was a medic in the

service so have good stressors

I have 10% Malaria now SC

Thanks for all that reply

• Answers 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

First ! ! ! Were you in a Recon Unit YES or NO ? Were you with every team on patrol that had or didnt have a HM3 corpsman YES or NO ? ?

Next the guys on my team didnt say to me a corpsman up. We were A USMC recon team not Navy people. Yes some teams had HM3 and I have records and missions to prove it. But I also have my patrols with out HM3 corpsman also and thats where I came in as a Company AID Man Crossed trainned by Navy Doctors

while in Da Nang. So unless you have some proof I wasnt and medic as a our team members called each other ? ? How can you know this ? ? ? Now unclassified mission patrols exclued many HM3 from our patrols. Thank you for your time. But unless you were there how can or do you have ANY right to speak if you didnt know or weren't there is what I can't figure out.

Now can anybody answer the question I asked in stead of some of you who make other comment not necessary to answer the question.

Again please read and reply if it applies to you .

Excuse my comments but you know I dont knock other people military tours, I wont stand for other that wasnt there been there done that also.

Thanks

Recon Ron.

In the future peole make sure you have 100% your comments no HERESAY, if you dont know dont guess. If you know than give you best CORRECT answer...REMEMBER THIS . . . Wrong information is worse than a LIE !

SO if you really dont know dont speak it..

Ron

Bonzai

Thank you and understood your facts.

yes I wa just wondering if the Bi Polar makes the PTSD

stronger as having 1 mental claim. ? ? As far

as a GAf score by the time the VA rating people get to my case

I will have at least 2 or 3 more, than plus what I have now also.

Yes, My VA medical doctor with outside doctor papers work could

and will make the Nexus letter for the DDD case.

But the PTSD I will have no probelm getting it's just at what percentage is all

from My outside doctors an my VA Medical Doctor nexus and letters later.

Yes I have some what a better idea now about all

Bless You

Recon Ron

If I understand your original questions, you are wondering what you would be awarded for PTSD and Bi-Polar with GAF scores around 40.

You can not be awarded for both PTSD and Bi-Polar, either one or the other. A GAF score is just a snapshot in time, so having multiple GAF scores is better than having just one or two in your files.

You talk about having stressors, so those could be used for PTSD but not Bi-Polar; which IMHO would be extremely difficult for you to get Service-Connected now. You would also have to have a nexus for your DDD.

There is a whole lot more than a nexus and GAF scores that go into how a decision is made regarding awarding a rating and a Service-Connected disability to someone. With the information given, it is impossible to even hazard a guess, because you are assuming that SC will be given automatically. Sad to say, it doesn't work that way at all...

• HadIt.com Elder

Ron:

Do you get Social Security Disability or do you still work? Don't put to much into GAF scores as they are only a small part of what it takes the VA to make a decision.

Good Luck

Hello Pete

I applied for SSI and today I called to get my status and she said she was sending the final reports to the SSA doctors and it would be to long if the doctor is not to backed up. she said i will have and answer by March 10th or so. and if its declined I have the reconsiderations to continue with. I cant never work any more because of the the DDD Moderate Severe Nerve Root Damage. So I pray our Lord blesses me and I get a good reply back.

Yesterday I submitted all document to the VA in Los Angeles and to the DAV here on the 5th floor. Talked with a VA VSO and tomorrow I have a few more papers to sign and submit after lunch and than its a waiting game.

I have my 2 super great VA doctors working very good for me after i brought them my outside records of the ENT and DDD MRI and all reports. They said looks very good the reprots are 90 day old an current.

I understand your comments about the GAF scores, but I have a very very good Psy who said he can help me with my nexus letter and the MD who will help me also. So I have a very above average . . . . so I wait to this next year and wait. I feel good about everything and I did my home work very much ! I picked my VA doctors very very good. they are willing to work much for me..... Thanks..Bless You ..

1st Recon

Ron

Ron:

Do you get Social Security Disability or do you still work? Don't put to much into GAF scores as they are only a small part of what it takes the VA to make a decision.

Good Luck

Thanks Berta

Understood.

I have been told i dont need and NEXUS letter as my 3 letters from other partol memembers help support my claim. Yes i have the Combat Action Ribbon

on my DD-214. As far as some of the other USMC an any other Navy , Army or anybody goes. YES your partly correct.

Medics HM3 are in the and work with the Marine Corps, but not on every patrol.

Again NOT ON EVERY PATROL were they, not always in smaller patrols up to 4 men.

Larger GRUNT Patrols 25 to 50 men maybe yeah 2 or 3 HM3 were with USMC patrol.

US USMC TEAM MEMBER said medic weather you guys except it or not its not my probelm if you dont like it.. my team was my team memeber. if you still have a probelms maybe your trust it with suppiorting letter and PROOF of other men on my team.

What i want to know it>>! ! ! !

What does that have to do with your answering my questions and not changiing the subject??

answer the questions ask if you know the answer great.. """" IF YOU NOT 100% YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT IF YOU WERENT ON MY TEAMS ON PATROL hwo can you know anything about this ???

please explain would you ???? than maybe my paperwork that was classfied with a lie by out Lt. on patrol.

But I just cant imagine anybody making a comment if they werent even there ? ? ? ? ?

Thanks Berta for your comments

and my reply for all other not sure...maybe you need more research about what your talking about and not here say ! ! ! ! !

if you not sure i would be glad to provide you with the website and info to see for yourself.

1st Recon

Ron

I too have a question-

my husband was USMC Vietnam 1965-1966- combat-

USMC didnt award the CAR for many years.When did you receive this award?

My husband was 100 % P & T for PTSD.

The CAR or lack of it on his DD 214 (as the USMC didnt have this badge/ribbon when he served) had absolutely nothing to do with his PTSD SC rating.

The fact that he had multiple verified combat stressors had nothing to do with his 100% award.

His GAf was 34 and then 26.That really had nothing to do with his award.

TDIU or 100% is awarded solely due to medical evidence that your PTSD has rendered you unemployable due to SC PTSD and/or any other SC disabilities.

Classified, not after 40 years......

Look at title 18 of US Code 30 year time limit...... do a FOI to get thatstuff...